Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sim Tray Not Opening! plz help

Exclamation Sim Tray Not Opening! plz help
    when i first got my iphone my friend tried to open the sim tray and it was very hard to open it from then on. but recently i couldnt open it any more. i think that the sim tray is broken.

plez advice on what to do.
    plz.plz

What do you use to open it? I normally find a paperclip works perfectly but you have to be quite firm with it, dont be scared and it should pop open

i used a paper clip 2 but now it dont work anymore. i even used a swing needle. i push in firm put nothing happens. it dosnt pop out any more.some of my paper clips break and go inside the iphone. do u think that i will be able to take it to fro repair without having to pay for it? plz help

Find something that will fit tight in the hole, while pushing in see if you can pull it out. I use a thick toothpick cause mine sometimes won't pop out either.

Thanks

If you really have slivers of paperclip roaming about inside your iPhone I would suggest you turn it off, open it up, and get them out! And the tray too. Those pieces cause one short, and your iPhone's dead.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

open it up? how

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akramturbo View Post
    open it up? how
    The old fashioned way, with a guitar pick (or other slim non-conductive plastic instrument). There are several guides on how to open up the iPhone. You can check www.hacktheiphone.com for a couple of these guides.

i have seen the guide, and i am not goo at all at doing this. do you think that id i took it to apple they would replace it?
    and do you think it would cost a lot?
    Last edited by akramturbo; 11-27-2007 at 12:21 PM.

Thanks

i have seen the guide, and i am not goo at all at doing this. do you think that id i took it to apple they would replace it?
    and do you think it would cost a lot?
    Apple won't even look at the phone unless you can show them an AT&T wireless contract to go along with it. If you're with AT&T, you're fine to have it replaced.

the thing is i am in the uk and my iphone is an At&t iphone that i bought when it came out. But i think they will take it if i pay for it. and i really dont care how much.
    Do you think that they will take it if i pay?

Thanks

Hey there, I find that a thumbtak works the best for me. Maybe the sims card somehow popped up when it was put back in, now it's preventing it from pulling out?? But, try a tak, maybe that'll work?? Good luck!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Thanks

the thing is i am in the uk and my iphone is an At&t iphone that i bought when it came out. But i think they will take it if i pay for it. and i really dont care how much.
    Do you think that they will take it if i pay?
    I'm not sure what steps Apple in the UK would take if any. I would give it a try, they can't hold to the same policies at within the US I would think.

thats what i think as well because as i went in to the o2 shop today and asked if i want to buy an iphone and not get the contract but unlock it, it would void the warranty from apple and o2. but if i wanted a repair i would be able to take it back and pay for the repair.
    but do you think this would apply to my US iphone?
    plz help!

did any one try those guides on how to open an iPhone?

did any one try those guides on how to open an iPhone? The ones on www.hacktheiphone.com
    Last edited by akramturbo; 11-27-2007 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i tried the guide but u need to take out the sim tray before u take apart ur phone. what to do?