Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it illegal to Mod an iPhone?

Default Is it illegal to Mod an iPhone?
    I am just curious as to the legalities involved in modding an iPhone. What part of it is against the law, if any? Is it just the unlocking? Or just the jailbreaking? or both? I am thinking about going into a legitimate business doing this because of the tremendous demand from novice users who are afraid to do it themselves, and I want to know the legalities involved before I get myself into trouble. The masses want their iPhones modded and I want to help them, without getting modded myself! Thanks ahead of time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pcguysam View Post
    I am just curious as to the legalities involved in modding an iPhone. What part of it is against the law, if any? Is it just the unlocking? Or just the jailbreaking? or both? I am thinking about going into a legitimate business doing this because of the tremendous demand from novice users who are afraid to do it themselves, and I want to know the legalities involved before I get myself into trouble. The masses want their iPhones modded and I want to help them, without getting modded myself! Thanks ahead of time.
    It is not illegal to mod an iPhone, however it will break your End User contract with Apple, which puts them in a "legal" position to refuse to further assist you with any problems you may have in the future.

It should also be noted that at this time, it is also not illegal to unlock an iPhone (or any wireless device) either.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

pcguysam (11-27-2007), punk4bc (11-27-2007)

[QUOTE=pcguysam;108098] The masses want their iPhones modded and I want to help them, without getting modded myself!QUOTE]

LMAO

Thanks for the info!!! Modding Ahoy!