+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Scrolling smoothly no more?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, I have about 35 app/icons on my iPhone v1.0.2 unlocked/jailbroken. I have noticed that when I try to scroll or move to one of the lower icons its slow
    My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Scrolling smoothly no more?
    Hello,
    I have about 35 app/icons on my iPhone v1.0.2 unlocked/jailbroken.
    I have noticed that when I try to scroll or move to one of the lower icons its slow in fact it looks like its moves in 1 line increments.
    Like in the addressbook or reading a email when you move your finger the content smoothly moves in which ever direction you move you finger.

Is the slow scroll normal?
    Is it that i have to many app/icons on the home screen?

Thanks
    JW

Thanks

This depends on how fast you flick your finger to make it scroll. The slower the flick, the slower the scroll. Scrolling "smoothness" is a little wonky until you get to version 1.1.2 where its smooth as silk.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

n0m0n (11-27-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    This depends on how fast you flick your finger to make it scroll. The slower the flick, the slower the scroll. Scrolling "smoothness" is a little wonky until you get to version 1.1.2 where its smooth as silk.
    Finger movement is at a faster reate then the actually movement compared to addressbook, browser.

And the line of icons moves in increments of 1 line at a time vs flowing.

As for v1.1.2.
    I have been told that it is not wise to venture into upgrading versions at this point because I unlocked my phone for use on T-Mo.

Are you of the same opinion?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Finger movement is at a faster reate then the actually movement compared to addressbook, browser.

And the line of icons moves in increments of 1 line at a time vs flowing.

As for v1.1.2.
    I have been told that it is not wise to venture into upgrading versions at this point because I unlocked my phone for use on T-Mo.

Are you of the same opinion?

Thanks
    If you're attempting to scroll fast and its only moving in small increments then there's something wrong. I would suggest a restore at this point.

I used to be of the opinion just sticking with what you have, however you soon find out you're iPhone is being left behind in many developments.

I have Rogers in Canada, and have had no problems with the upgrade process. One thing that differs in my case however is that I chucked out the money for an IPSF license so I stay away from AnySim. ie) there's lots of step filled guides on how to jailbreak and unlock 1.1.2 however since unlocked my phone originally with Simfree, I did it in three steps:

1. Installed OKtoPrep
    2. Updated to 1.1.2
    3. Ran jailbreak.jar

That's it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

n0m0n (11-27-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    If you're attempting to scroll fast and its only moving in small increments then there's something wrong. I would suggest a restore at this point.

I used to be of the opinion just sticking with what you have, however you soon find out you're iPhone is being left behind in many developments.

I have Rogers in Canada, and have had no problems with the upgrade process. One thing that differs in my case however is that I chucked out the money for an IPSF license so I stay away from AnySim. ie) there's lots of step filled guides on how to jailbreak and unlock 1.1.2 however since unlocked my phone originally with Simfree, I did it in three steps:

1. Installed OKtoPrep
    2. Updated to 1.1.2
    3. Ran jailbreak.jar

That's it.
    Ok I am on T-Mo does that matter?
    I did not unlock this but have asked for info as to what was done to unlock.
    Would the above instruction differ depending on how?
    I do know that I was warned not to upgrade to 1.1.1 of my phone would be TOTALLY lockup.
    SIM as well as APP.

JW

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Ok I am on T-Mo does that matter?
    I did not unlock this but have asked for info as to what was done to unlock.
    Would the above instruction differ depending on how?
    I do know that I was warned not to upgrade to 1.1.1 of my phone would be TOTALLY lockup.
    SIM as well as APP.

JW
    The steps above definitively differ depending on what methods you use. You would need to follow the guides applicable to your set up. It doesn't matter if you're T-mobile or not, there's tons of unlocked T-mobile peeps here.

As for upgrading, you must have received that warning before there were methods of cracking 1.1.1 which is a cinch now. Look in the Guides section of this site.