+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2 Probs - really need help!!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey ho, 1st problem: My iPhone is running fw 1.1.1. i unlocked it, etc.. It was working fine for about one week. Yesterday I just installed some apps, wondering why
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 2 Probs - really need help!!
    Hey ho,

1st problem:

My iPhone is running fw 1.1.1. i unlocked it, etc..
    It was working fine for about one week. Yesterday I just installed some apps, wondering why they don't appear in the springboard.. so i switched off my iphone.
    Big mistake!!
    If I want to switch it on again it just go into recovery mode showing me the cable + itunes symbol on the screen.
    What should I do? Do I really have to downgrade to 1.0.2??

to my 2nd problem:

I played with my dad's iphone and it became some kind of instable.. his phone rebooted and so on.. that's why i decided to flash the fw. he was running 1.1.1, so i downloaded that fw and rewrote the flash. than i tried to jailbreak/activate the phone using the simple method typing "jailbreakme.com" in safari, etc. I didn't worked of course! Silly me, I didn't know that I need a virgin phone running 1.1.1..
    then i tried a lot.. finally running on 1.0.2.. but still no satisfaction!
    how can I upgrade the phone to 1.1.1 again? I tried to use iDemocracy but when I should use SIMLINK there's just displayed "access denied".
    Please help me out!

Thank you so much in advance!!

Thanks

1st Problem
    to get your iphone to boot download ibrickr and let it see the iphone and choose the option to boot the phone, itll make the screen go red and then it will boot the iphone. then when you get in ssh to your phone and get rid of the apps you put on there and get hold of installer and install your apps using that so you know they are installed correctly,

2nd problem

if your dads phone is up and running on 1.0.2 just follow this tutorial from step 4 onwards, this will completly revirginse at 1.0.2 then you upgrade to 1.1.1 and unlock it following the second tutorial i post

Tutorial to fix baseband and virginise http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15310

Tutorial to Activate and unlock at 1.1.1
    http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11833

hope this helps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you so much!!
    i solved both probs with your 2nd solution.
    THX!!
    I'm so happy right now!