Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Strange error message. Need serious help.

Default Strange error message. Need serious help.
    First, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate section to post this in, admins, moe it to the proper one if that is the case. I have a 1.1.1 iPhone that was jailbroken via the browser method that installed Installer.App. I have various third party apps installed. Recently it began acting sluggishly. On a couple occasions, it has locked up and taken anywhere from 30 seconds to one minute to reboot itself. I have occasionally charged the battery via my iPod's car charger, but I found that it caused the iPhone to generate an odd amount of heat, so I stopped using it. Not thinking, yesterday I plugged it in to my iPod car charger for less than a minute. After that, it gave me an error message that said "This iPhone cannot make or receive phone calls. Contact Apple". After that, I shut it off after being incredibly angered by that. I fiddled with it as I drove, and it began to give me an artifacted screen when I would turn it on. It would switch back and forth between the artifacting screen, and booting up regularly to just freezing and shutting off again. Now the battery is completely dead (i think?) and is giving me this screen -- http://www.flickr.com/photos/tree/2059606647/ .. Plugging it into my friend's laptop lets it randomly boot up properly, and randomly give me an artifacted screen. I have no clue what to do, because I can't get it to respond long enough to factory restore it, and for whatever reason it isn't actually charging up. I left it plugged in all night last night and it shuffled between being turned off and turned on, and ended up dead this morning.

Banned
    Thanks

maybe when u plugged the iphone in the car charger it overheated the phone and burnt out the battery...u might need to either install the battery by yourself by buying one from pdaparts.com or sending it into apple....but apple could say f u becuase the phone is jailbroken....ur desicion

If I restore the phone back to factory settings and send it into Apple, can they tell if it has been jailbroken previously?

New update - the iPhone is back plugged into its charger dock, and it won't even power up. Could this mean my battery is in fact, bunk?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneHero's Avatar
    Thanks

i'd say take it back to apple.
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneHero View Post
    i'd say take it back to apple.
    Therein lies a problem. Since it is currently jailbroken, with, I think, 4-6 3rd party applications installed, SpringBoard modifications, and other various little things, will they warranty it?

Just an update for anyone that cares, although you probably don't:

By the time the box came for my iPhone to ship to Apple, it was so fried it wouldn't even respond to being plugged in (wouldn't turn on at all) so I don't think they ever were able to see that it was jailbroken and customized. They replaced it with a 4gig iPhone. I was hoping they were out of 4gigs by now, but alas, they weren't :-(