+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ok, I have a proposal..I will pay

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
If anyone here will take the time, to help me, either by phone, or email, whatever, I will send you whatever you charge me, to your paypal, money order, check,
    Thanks

Default Ok, I have a proposal..I will pay
    If anyone here will take the time, to help me, either by phone, or email, whatever, I will send you whatever you charge me, to your paypal, money order, check, whatever, if I can just get someone to help me, with, what I know is totally simple stuff for you guys, with my iphone?? Like teaching me step by step, maybe over the phone??? On how to install this new Installer source provided by this site?? It seems really cool, and I want new ringtones, and games, etc...

Look guys, My problem is this, I had some guy unlock my iphone, and he added some games, which most don't even work, and a few really sucky ringtones! Not loud at all, which I told him I wanted loud tones to be able to hear the darn thing when it rings, the ones I have on there are super low. I am using my unlocked iphone, with my t-mobile sims card, the iphone is 1.1.1 version?? oh! and I use windows xp, if that makes a difference.
    I was wondering, on the new Installer source application here, what do I do after I click on the link, and it downloads to my pc?? Do I then plug in my iphone, and then where do I look to find it and make transfer it to my phone? I guess I am to download some files, I don;t know how to do that, that's why I was wondering if someone could help me on this?? Pleeeeeeease, I am willing to pay, it's no problem at all, I just wanna learn how to put on applications, or whatever they are called. I just need to learn how to do it this one time, then I will be able to know how from that point on.
    Again, I will pay no big deal, just wanna know how to do use my iphone to it's full potential. Thanks guys
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Thanks

visit www.jailbreakme.com in safari if your on firmware 1.1.1 and it will install "Installer" on your phone for you and jailbreak in less than 3 minutes. Once its on your phone you can install community sources/games/themes - whatever you want - its easy
    Hit Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to uPhone559 For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (11-24-2007)

Thanks

Thank you Uphone, I will try to do that. I e-mailed that guy who unlocked my phone, and he said that I would have to re-unlock it?? Do you know if that's true, or just wondering if he wants me to send him my phone back for another 70 bucks?? On this site you gave me, it says that I need to do it from my iphone, so that means to type in the website you gave my from my phone right?? I mean, the jailbreak site right??

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

well for one, you should never pay someone to unlock your phone unless you paid the iphonesimfree people to do it, but there is always a free version. as for the jailbreak, just go on your iphone in safari and go to http://jailbreakme.com and click on Install AppSnapp and itll just sit there for about 3 to 5 minutes dont touch anything itll eventually lead you back to the activation screen or the slide to unlock screen and you will have installer.app on your phone. If you need any help ill be glad to help, im unlocked with Tmobile too and ive bricked my phone at least 5 times trying to jailbreak it and unlock it, its always fixable if you have time and patience.
    Just PM me or talk to me on AIM im signed on Fknburtreynolds and Wannagotopopeyes either one.
    i LOVE apple.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wannagotopopeyes For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (11-24-2007)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

What does this have to do with OS Apps and development?

Thread moved.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Thanks Wannago, Yeah, I don't mind sending money or donating to anyone, it's just that I am new to all this unlocking iphone stuff, that I didn't know that i could get help from certain places and donate to that team?? sorry I guess it's also, that I am afraid to mess up the phone and lock it up again, to where I won't be able to use it at all?? the guy that unlocked it for me said, that if I try it myself, that I could mess it up for good? so if I do it like you told me, will i still be able to use the phone itself like I am now with my tmobile sims card?? Hey thanks for offering to help me and I added you to my buddy list, only, I am new to this site also, and I am not even sure how to get to the buddy listt? After I added you, i tried looking to see where I go to find you again on it, and not sure how to find you?? hahaha Oh! where do I go and donate money too?? Thanks a bunch again, you seem really nice, I know to most, newbies are a pain, but, I know once i learn a few things from you guys, I promise I won't be too much of a pain! hehehe

Sorry PF Still learning
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 11-24-2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yea well everyone has to start somewhere, and everyone was at your position once in their life. The thread was moved to a different subforum, probably because it had nothing to do with the tipic you posted in. If you scroll to the top of the page and click forums u will see the different catagories of forums and the moderators are very picky about who posts what where so it doesnt get disorganized (no offense poetic lol)

And aim isnt affiliated with this site at all, thats just my screen name thru aol instant messenger if you want to talk to me thru that for help. Im pretty much always online.

But that man who unlocked your phone was wrong, your phone is ALWAYS fixable. You just have to know what to do to it. BUt if you just go around clicking things haphazardly you will brick it and will need someone to help you and its a pain in the butt. BUt if you just do whats needed or do eveything in a guide that your using then everything will run smoothly and your phone will be awesome

so do you know what software version you have? or if your jailbroken or activated yet or anyhting?
    i LOVE apple.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wannagotopopeyes For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (11-24-2007)

Thanks

Well, I know that when I go to general settings, and about, it says version 1.1.1 is that what you mean? I have not gone to the jailbreakme site yet, cuz I am at work, and I have really poor reception here, I would hate for it to start downloading, and then get stuck with no reception in the middle of it, so as soon as I get home this evening, I am gonna do it. Wish me luck! Oh! the instant messenger thing, oops! I saved your name from this site on this buddy list here?? I will go and open an aol so we can talk later this evening if that's ok with ya?
    I just got an email from that man, and yep he said this time he has to charge me more, cuz it's a long process to do what you told me here?? So the 1.1.1 version is that ok to do the jailbreakme thing??

Thanks

oh so are you on the AT&T network with edge? Or do you have a WiFi connection at work? or at home? Wifi will help alot.
    Yea you won't need to pay any more money trust me, just tell whoever unlocked your phone that you dont need his help anymore you shouldn't have to pay for something thats free for everyone haha.
    Okay so in settings>General>About it says software version 1.1.1 thats good.

Scroll down and look to see what it says for Modem Firmware.

If you want to install different applications and games/ringtones etc etc you can just visit http://jailbreakme.com, whether your on EDGE or WiFi. WiFi is alot faster, and you said you have bad recpetion, so I suggest you wait until you have good reception for the internet.

Just IM me on aol anytime if you need help!
    i LOVE apple.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wannagotopopeyes For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (11-24-2007)

Thanks

I am not with AT&T, I have a contract with t-mobile, and the man unlocked my phone to be able to use my sims in the iphone, and Well, that man had told me that I needed the total internet package from t-mobile. to be able to use the internet, so I am paying the 19.99 package, and it uses the edge. That's another thing i am confused about, where it says wifi on my phone it is set on off, and VPn is not configured, and data roaming is off, so I am not sure the difference between the edge and wifi?? But I know i use the egde, cuz t-mobile helped me put the apn setting on there.
    The modem firmware is 04.01.13_G
    Hey thanks a bunch for all your help soo far I reeeeeally appreciate it, can't wait to get home and try the jailbreak

Thanks

oh alright well edge is like internet thru the Tmobile company, your phone is connected to it always so you can always get internet just like you can always make a call, as long as you have service.

WiFi is just internet from wifi hotspot or a router from your house. do you have wifi at your house/work?
    i LOVE apple.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wannagotopopeyes For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (11-24-2007)

Thanks

I don't have wifi, at home or work, but, I know we have wifi in our city?? When you say hotspot? do you mean, I can turn the feature on like around my city, like, maybe Barnes and Noble, or places like that around town, and use that instead of the edge?? Cuz wifi is faster right?? Or do I have to pay for that too?? So was the modem firmware right?

Thanks

If you need WiFi goto McDonalds they have free WiFi
    go get yourself a hot fudge sunday and jailbreak your phone lol
    Hit Thanks!

Thanks

Haha! That sounds Yummy!!

Thanks

yes i mean hotspot like at barnes and noble, mcdonalds, and i think krystal hamburgers has WiFi now too
    i LOVE apple.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to wannagotopopeyes For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (11-24-2007)

Thanks

Ok, so I went to jailbreakme.com, clicked on istall, and it shows this on the address bar, http://jailbreakme.com/files/y.tiff and a super tiny dot on the upper left corner of the screen, but nothing is happening, and it's been well over 5 minutes?? What is going on?? Man, I was excited to get home and do this

Am I supossed to be using wifi, or is using the edge ok?? I am on Edge, but, nothing is happening, Ya know, like the little spinning wheel that shows you that it is downloading or whatever, well, nothing?? Little wheel is not on there, and I have great reception here at home with edge??
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 11-24-2007 at 07:03 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

You have to use WiFi. Then just let it go to the home screen, and don't touch anything. If it takes more than 5 minutes, restart the iPhone on your on. Don't turn iit off by sliding, restart it.

Hold the sleep button and home button till it turns off on its own.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Freshboiii For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (11-24-2007)

Thanks

Oh! So then I can't use doing it from using edge? Just out of curiosity, how come?? When I download this though, I will still be able to use the edge right? cuz that is what I pay to t-mobile for the internet. Thanks for your help, ugh!! I don't have wifi, here at my house, guess I will wait till tommorow when i can go to a hotspot in town?? So when I get ready to do it, do I turn on the wifi setting and turn of the edge setting till I'm all done, then switch wifi back off and the edge back on???

Thanks

Hey guys, ok, not working today, and plan on going to some hot spot in town, but, do I turn the edge off and wifi on?? On the phone?? Or just leave all the network features on???

Banned
    Thanks

dude you must be kidding me. you can donate money, pay for unlocking ur iphone, afford an iphone and yet you cant buy yourself a wireless router. this guy i think is just pulling our leg. and to answer your question, "it doesnt matter if you leave edge on or not. wifi has higher priority. if it detects wifi then it will switch automatically.

dude wireless routers cost like 50$ and their plug and play.