Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ok, I have a proposal..I will pay

Thanks

Dude it has nothing to do with NOT affording a freaking router?? I heard that with a router I can only use it at home? If I wanna use the Internet at home , I'm not gonna use my iPhone, I will use my laptop! The reason i got tmobile total internet is so I can use internet anywhere, which I do. My thing is wanting to download the installer for new ringtones,themes, etc...
    So why would i WANT a router?? My dilema is where to i go ( hotspot) to be able to download it cuz it seems the edge is not doing the trick??
    do i just go to like Barnes and Noble and click on the wifi setting and see if it works???
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

You can have a wireless router and still use the internet at home... Its not one device at a time, ha.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

When your in a hotspot or an area that has wifi coverage. go to settings>Wi-Fi make sure its on and under "Choose a Network..." youll see all the active network you can connect to. if you notice a lock icon after the network name that means that it requires a password before you can have access. Free wifi is usually those that doesnt have the lock icon. best place for me to use free wifi are those yupy coffee shops. If you can get a hold of the administrator of the network, like if you were in starbucks or something you can talk to the manager, i bet he can help you on the connection settings. Once connected you can tap on the blue arrow icon "(>)" to see your ip address in the network. youll need this if you need to connect to your iphone via SSH.

sorry about the rude comments, was a bit stoned last night.

anyway, it would be cool if you can have wifi at your own place. its the most convenient way for me to mod anything in my iphone.
    Last edited by forsyt; 11-26-2007 at 07:32 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to forsyt For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (11-26-2007)

Thanks

Thanks, Forsyt, No big deal, you were stoned??? People STILL do that?? hehehehe Well the comments that you left earlier, that's what I have been wanting to know, cuz from home, using the edge it actually goes all the way up to where it's gonna download the installer app, then it just freezes there, with a tiny little dot on the upper left corner of the screen, and nothing happens from that point on?? Weird
    Not sure if you meant this comment for me when you were stoned "this guy i think is just pulling our leg" But, first, I'm a girl, hehehe and I am just new to all this unlocking iphone stuff, so I come here for help, like alot of people But, thanks for the advice you gave today.
    I have no problem buying a router, just I dont know what brand, type, to buy?? What do I ask them for?? So let me get this straight, if I buy a router, I can download stuff on the iphone whenever I need to from home?? See I already have high speed dsl that I use at home for internet use and it's pretty fast, I have no problem with it, so just wondering, am I better off just going to a hot spot like you said, during the times that I need to download iphone stuff??

sheres how it goes, the best way to unlock the iphone for me is with iDemocracy, you can download if from "iDemocracy". it requires wifi though.

heres what you can do.
    1. download idemocracy, its free. the pay offer is for a tutorial on how to use it.
    2. extract it somewhere safe
    3. you can use the short wifi less method of unlocking, activating, jailbreaking, patching, installing apptap 4 your iphone.
    4. you can use the long way that requires wifi by bringing your laptop and iphone to an internet cafe. just make sure ur under the same subnet.
    5. dont offer people money for information.
    defeats the purpose of open information and can be offensive to individuals who are not bill gates.
    6. after jailbreaking, activating and unlocking of your iphone you can then do mods to your iphone with the use of winSCP via SSH(requires wifi) or with iphonebrowser or through edge using apptap.
    7. theres alot of reference here in moding themes, ringtones, etc. just search for them and if you need any help trying to understand the guides and tutorials give me a PM of the tutorial's reference and your question. i will try to answer it the best i can for free and so will the most of the members here.
    8. click the blue "thanks" button, hehehe
    just got my iphone last month and it really pays having to read the guides here in MMi.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to forsyt For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (11-26-2007)

Thanks

Ok, sounds good, a little difficult, since i am iphone challenged right now, hehee But, my next day off is not till Friday, so I will go and hang out at some swanky cafe here in town, and see what I can do on my own, THEN,I will bother you! haha, thanks again for all your advice, I will try my best most of the day Friday I'm sure!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12