Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: lower right corner of glass flexes slightly - solution?

Default lower right corner of glass flexes slightly - solution?
    I've noticed that sometimes the glass in the lower right corner flexes when I use the home button. When I examine it I can see that it gives ever-so-slightly. There's a slight creeking sound which is bothering me, even if it's not a huge deal.

My question is if anybody else has noticed this? Also, does anybody know how the glass is attached? Is there a simple fix, like opening it up and tightening a screw or something like that?

thanks!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Hm... haven't seen it before. If you haven't modded, I'd get Apple to switch it out. If you have, I'd just not press too hard on it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I have unlocked it so Apple will be of little help. I'm wondering how it's attached so that perhaps there is a way to tighten it.

For now I'll just be gentle...

thanks

mine is the same - also the metal that connects to the black antenna cover on the back is slighlty mis-alighned. As mine is from the US (i'm in England), and modded I cannot take back to Apple.

I think your best bet would be to virginize the phone and return it. Glass isnt supposed to flex, its only a matter of time before it breaks on ya

It's not the glass itself that is flexing, but rather there seems to be a tiny bit of movement in the lower part of the display so that when I press the button, I touch the surrounding area and it moves a little. I'm just wondering how the screen assembly is secured. I tried looking at ifixit.com, but couldn't really figure out how.

Anybody know? are there screws that keep it all in place?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    It's not the glass itself that is flexing, but rather there seems to be a tiny bit of movement in the lower part of the display so that when I press the button, I touch the surrounding area and it moves a little. I'm just wondering how the screen assembly is secured. I tried looking at ifixit.com, but couldn't really figure out how.

Anybody know? are there screws that keep it all in place?

Thanks!
    The screen assembly is secured by a very strong adhesive, unlike the iPod Touch which uses about 16 screws. I don't think that a moving casing is ever a good thing; you should probably virginize it and get it replaced.