+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Before i return the iphone to apple for replacement, what else i should do?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Recently my iphone touch screen is dead, so i have to go to US (i live in Canada) in this weekend and hopefully i can get the phone replaced. My
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Before i return the iphone to apple for replacement, what else i should do?
    Recently my iphone touch screen is dead, so i have to go to US (i live in Canada) in this weekend and hopefully i can get the phone replaced. My phone was running 1.1.1 FW, then the problem arise and i tried to restore to 1.1.1, not working, then i restore to 1.0.2, still didn't work. So my question is, in the state of my phone, will they be able to check if the iphone had been jailbroken? i don't want them to question me if i've signed up with AT&T.

Several issue I think they will not check if im AT&T user is:
    1) The touch screen doesn't work at all, they can't check my IMEI # at all
    2) I think the method for 1.1.1 jailbreak doesn't screw up the IMEI #, so if i restore back to 1.0.2 it should still be ok?

Please help me if you know can give me some input guys! thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Not sure but i believe..
    Your IMEI will appear when they sync your iphone to itunes and they attempt a restore.. You should try this prior to making the trip.. If the wrong IMEI does appear in the itunes screen, I suggest you hold off on your trip because it will definitely do so in theirs..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NudistMonk View Post
    Your IMEI will appear when they sync your iphone to itunes and they attempt a restore.. You should try this prior to making the trip.. If the wrong IMEI does appear in the itunes screen, I suggest you hold off on your trip because it will definitely do so in theirs..
    what i should do to correct the IMEI if it's not correct? i can't use the touchscreen so i don't think it's possible for me to virginize it (maybe)