+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Going to the apple store tomorrow.....questions...

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
STORY: I upgraded to 1.1.2 and used idemocracy to jailbreak my iphone, it said jailbreak successful but there was no installer .app on it. I just ignored it and said
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Going to the apple store tomorrow.....questions...
    STORY: I upgraded to 1.1.2 and used idemocracy to jailbreak my iphone, it said jailbreak successful but there was no installer .app on it. I just ignored it and said whatever i tried i will just wait till February for the apple third party update. Anyways, that night my while i was using my iPhone the screen turned bright white and shut off. I plugged it into my computer and after a few tries finally got a successful restore. It worked and i went to bed. This morning i got up and it was black again. I tried restoring it, no luck, tried to restore on another computer, nothing. Even on one computer it said no sim installed, and thats weird because i am with at&t. (by the way it gave me the 1011 error code every other time i tried to restore it) Anyways i tried it on a mac and i finally after about 6 times got a successful restore. It didn't have any previous back up of my phones like the other two computers so it just restored it completely free with nothing on it, no settings or anything. After about 10 minutes, same problem. I am taking this to the apple store tomorrow to try to fix it. QUESTION: Since I restored it so many times on a clean slate computer, will they be able to tell i jailbreaked it at all or tried too. I don't want them to just tell me to leave because i jailbreaked my phone. Should i lie to the genius? Will they have any proof i jailbreaked it and therefore be able to revoke my warranty on getting a replacement phone? Please help i am stressing out!
    Last edited by ilovemyiphone123; 11-22-2007 at 10:38 PM. Reason: make question clear

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Loose lips sink ships
    And you don't want to go under with an iphone in your hand, now do you. While at the genius bar, keep things on a need to know basis. They don't need to know your phone was jailbroken nor should you have to tell them. Invent something, just keep it practical. Like you were downloading or uploading music from itunes and it went beserk. Never, and i mean never under any circumstance tell them it was while upgrading the fw it sets off bells and visions of bad imei's. And last but not least, make your trip to the apple store as late as possible bordering on closing time. After all everyone wants to go home after a looonngg day at work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NudistMonk View Post
    And you don't want to go under with an iphone in your hand, now do you. While at the genius bar, keep things on a need to know basis. They don't need to know your phone was jailbroken nor should you have to tell them. Invent something, just keep it practical. Like you were downloading or uploading music from itunes and it went beserk. Never, and i mean never under any circumstance tell them it was while upgrading the fw it sets off bells and visions of bad imei's. And last but not least, make your trip to the apple store as late as possible bordering on closing time. After all everyone wants to go home after a looonngg day at work.
    haha okay sounds good. I guess i will just go and be like my iPhone is not responding i didnt do anything and it just ended up like this. I tried restoring it but it dont work helppppp

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The visit was great, didn't ask me many questions. After a failed restore ( the message on the computer said corrupted firmware) he asked if I had limewire on my computer which i don't, so i wasn't lying and he gave me a replacement iPhone.

Of course the firmware error was because i jailbreaked it but he didn't ask soooooo....

The visit was great, didn't ask me many questions. After a failed restore ( the message on the computer said corrupted firmware) he asked if I had limewire on my computer which i don't, so i wasn't lying and he gave me a replacement iPhone.

Of course the firmware error was because i jailbreaked it but he didn't ask soooooo....
    Last edited by ilovemyiphone123; 11-24-2007 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Just curious
    Was your replacement already activated when he gave it to you? The reason i ask is that apple is shelling out refurbished units as replacements. You can check if your unit is refurbished by the 1st three digits in the serial #. If it begins with something either than the usual 7R7, 7U7, 7S7, then your iphone is indeed a refurb. P.s. glad it went well for you; a working phone is better than no phone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

how about 7V7? is it refurb? cuz my iphone is having dead spot issue atm, and im wondering did apple gave me a refurbished phone while i paid in full price

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 7v7
    Not at all powa.. From my knowledge 7V7 is original stock.. As for the dead spot issues i suggest you have apple replace it before it worsens.. If its unlocked.. well you know what to do.. Good luck.. And if the "genius" brings you a lil white coffin with a resurrected iphone from the back, lets just pray it doesnt succumb to dead spots also

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

well yah dont worrybout it there not gunna check about a week ago mine would freeze every 5 min tried restoring it nothing.. tried to ignore it and move on with my life (it was jailbroken again) and it started happining more when i was driving to ohio so i mad an apointmentt at apple and used customize 1.18 to his all my added apps deleted dock... and looked new gae it to them they saw it.. they swapped it out.. done no prob

Green Apple
    Thanks

man i needed to send my iphone back to apple because when i finaly got brave enough to upgrade to 1.1.1 well anyways 1.1.2 and downgrade anyway or whatever anyways when they first came out with anysim whatever i tired it and had to restore and lost everything and then again and had alot of problems trying to restore but then got it so then last week i upgraded to 1.1.2 and then my phone said no sim detected please insert unlocked sim so i was mad and then restored like 3 more times and nothing so i called apple and was on the phone for like 45mins and they send me a new iphone but on the back its says apple care service can i put ringtones on it for now and then erase later without them noticeing until i get my iphone back