Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help, small problem

Default Help, small problem
    So apparently I have one of those faulty iPhones that doesn't hold a charge and overheats. Anyways, I've already unlocked the iPhone for T-Mobile and installed AppTapp and I need to return it to the Apple store for an exchange without them giving me the boot. Any suggestions?

running 1.1.1 firmware

Thanks for the help.

Assuming you can keep the iphone in the dock long enough you could got through the steps of re virginising, I did mine the other night when I messed up a firmware upgrade, went down to 1.0.2 re virginised the baseband and went back up to 1.1.1 jobs a good one, from step 2 onwards of the following tutorial should do it for you
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15310

Then all you gotta do is once back at a virgin 1.1.1 get an att contract via itunes to show them its activated and cancel that sucker as soon as you get home from the apple store.

Do I need a receipt? I threw mine away *doh

It would help although if you dont have the reciept you want to take proof of the contract, and it might be a good idea to upgrade to 1.1.2 before you activate the phone before you take it back too just so they dont suspect anything.

seems like an awful lot of work. Might be better just to purchase a new iPhone from ATT and swap my bad one then return it... :P

Just an update - I removed springboard, weDict, apollo and some themes and my iPhone is working fine now. Huh.
    Last edited by mudger; 11-23-2007 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost