Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Contacts icon, How to Remove?

Default Contacts icon, How to Remove?
    For some reason there is a Contacts Icon or app on my springboard. if i tap on it it brings up the contacts but i cant do anything with them(dial etc...) I don't know where it came from and i don't want it, how do i get rid of it? i think it might have been added when i tried out that theme vista perfection, and didn't remove when i uninstalled it. please let me know

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

you can always poof them gone like with the poof app, or do a search and find out where your icons rezide
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    you can always poof them gone like with the poof app, or do a search and find out where your icons rezide
    I tried a search and couldn't find anything

how do you remove it though?????
    i don't wanna hide it

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I have always had a contacts icon since 2.0.... comes natively in those firmwares
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by miladjuckel View Post
    how do you remove it though?????
    i don't wanna hide it
    You mean remove the whole Contacts application? Then you can't get to your contacts list in Phone. It is all connected and basically the same thing. You could try removing /Applications/MobileAddressBook.app but it might lead to a disaster.

So if you don't want that icon as a direct link to the Contacts list, you can hide it with Poof (that also comes included with BossPrefs).

Or you can do it by hand: in /Applications/MobileAddressBook.app/Info.plist under the key <key>SBAppTags</key> you add a string to the array: <string>hidden</string>

thank you, i didn't know it comes standard on those firmware's!
    but fyi i still found a way to delete it.

actually i found out how to finally delete it!
    i used poof, and when i was done i just uninstalled poof itself, and both application "contacts icon and poof" were magically gone
    Last edited by miladjuckel; 12-11-2008 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost