+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Name Display in Canada

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Okay so if someone that is in my Phonebook calls, it displays the name and not the phone number which is perfect. But if an outsider calls it displays the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation No Name Display in Canada
    Okay so if someone that is in my Phonebook calls, it displays the name and not the phone number which is perfect. But if an outsider calls it displays the number and not the name like my other phone used to? Is there a reason or any fix for this?

Thanks.

Thanks

How is the iphone supposed to know who is calling you if its an outsider. I know the iphone is clever but it dont actually personally know everyone in the world.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

All my other cell phone had name display from whatever was listed the phone book or whatever. This is the first phone I've had that doesn't do it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yes it does do that,and im in canada to,and when someone from my contacts calls me,it shows there name, and even there picture on the screenwhen they call, so i dont know what your talking about

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Punisher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1_iPhone_Lovin_Canadian View Post
    yes it does do that,and im in canada to,and when someone from my contacts calls me,it shows there name, and even there picture on the screenwhen they call, so i dont know what your talking about
    He is talking about when some one that is not on his contacts calls, it only shows the number... If you are signed up for Name Display along with Caller ID then it should show the persons name associated with that account.

For example if i called you it would show my number and my name.. The iphone doesn't...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah i have the same problem too , was using nokia n95 and when i switched to the iphone it can't seem to display the names of ppl not in ur contact ... it's weird

Thanks

Oh well thanks for the input guys. Maybe there will be some sort of fix for it someday.