Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iphone and iTunes aren't detecting my music

Default My iphone and iTunes aren't detecting my music
    Hi guys, yesterday I connected my iPhone to my macbook and noticed that iTunes doesn't detect my music nor videos, instead, it classifies the music and videos as "other" and puts them in orange color, I had 5gb of music and now I only have 3 left and no music, also I try to access to the ipod in my iphone and it says "no music", is there a way I can erase all that content and re-sync my iPhone. Also I was wondering, what happens if I put in my iphone, the option that says "erase all content and settings", Im afraid that if I use it, it may erase my applications or lock it again. Im using a 1.1.1 unlocked iPhone via Anysim 1.1, thanks for your help.

Get a new iTunes. I don't really know what to say. I got alllllll my knowledge off of a Windows based system, so it's hard for me to try and help a Mac user.

hmm it might be if your using the app swaptunes, and you switch the library and delete the app. but you can always navigate to /private/var/root/media in that folder you will see a folder called itunes_control and maybe a itunes_control_2 if you used swap tunes. check the size of each folder and the one with your 5 gig is the one with all your songs, change it too itunes_control, or you can delete that folder with 5 gigs, adn the next tiem you plug in to itunes, you wont have the big 5 gig of other
    T-mobile Unlocked 1.1.4!

Thanks

This will also happen if you upgraded to 1.1.1 and left your Media symlink in place. it would have to be undone.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I too connected my iPhone to my windows XP PC and noticed that iTunes doesn't detect my music nor videos, instead, it classifies the music and videos as "other" and puts them in orange color, I had 6.69gb of music and now I have just a bit left and no music, also I try to access to the ipod in my iphone and it says "no music".
    This happened after attempting a library swap with SwapTunes (I don't think it's ready fro prime time)...
    How do I delete the big orange file?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytoad View Post
    I too connected my iPhone to my windows XP PC and noticed that iTunes doesn't detect my music nor videos, instead, it classifies the music and videos as "other" and puts them in orange color, I had 6.69gb of music and now I have just a bit left and no music, also I try to access to the ipod in my iphone and it says "no music".
    This happened after attempting a library swap with SwapTunes (I don't think it's ready fro prime time)...
    How do I delete the big orange file?

Quote Originally Posted by dtran View Post
    hmm it might be if your using the app swaptunes, and you switch the library and delete the app. but you can always navigate to /private/var/root/media in that folder you will see a folder called itunes_control and maybe a itunes_control_2 if you used swap tunes. check the size of each folder and the one with your 5 gig is the one with all your songs, change it too itunes_control, or you can delete that folder with 5 gigs, adn the next tiem you plug in to itunes, you wont have the big 5 gig of other
    read this
    T-mobile Unlocked 1.1.4!