Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All apps crashing even after restore. Other options?

Default All apps crashing even after restore. Other options?
    My phone was working perfectly on 1.0.2 and after I updated to 1.1.1 it started to crash relatively frequently. I would not have thought too much of it if it were 3rd party apps crashing, but it is email, safari, sms etc. Still this did not really trouble me I just figured i would do a restore before I updated to the next firmware and this would solve my issue.

When updating to 1.1.2 I did a restore and the installed 1.1.1 and then upgraded to 1.1.2 and it is still crashing. I am wondering what other options I have.

Is there anything else on the phone I can set back to default that is not handled in a restore? The baseboard perhaps? Is it possible that could do anything for me?

I have still yet to try just going to the 1.1.2 firmware and not jailbreaking, although I don't know how i can survive without the ebook reader, it will be a good experiment.

Thanks in advance for the replys.

i am having the same issues but it started after i updated, customize n springboards. Im just gonna virniginize/jailbreak/unlock in the next couple of days

Thanks

Do you have Summerboard installed? Turning off background dimming has usually fixed things up.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I do have summerboard installed. I'll give that a try Eurisko! If it can be that easy I will be so happy!!!

Thanks so much.

/edit: i'll give that a try for a few days and update the thread with the results. Thanks again.

I have been two days without a crash, so I am going to say this was the solution. Thanks so much!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tektite View Post
    I have been two days without a crash, so I am going to say this was the solution. Thanks so much!
    Cool stuff. Glad it worked out.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.