+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 cannot disable EDGE (also not with Services)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently upgrade my iPhone to 1.1.2. Works fine, but... I cannot disable EDGE. When I don't have a wifi signal and launch Safari it just connects using EDGE, this
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 1.1.2 cannot disable EDGE (also not with Services)
    I recently upgrade my iPhone to 1.1.2. Works fine, but...

I cannot disable EDGE. When I don't have a wifi signal and launch Safari it just connects using EDGE, this is VERY uncool as this will lead to a massive phone bill.

I tried the "normal" ways in the iPhone's own menu structure. I tried installing the Services application, there I can turn off EDGE but it doesn't get really turned off! (when I restart Services again EDGE is also back on again).

I basicly don't want to disable it by modifying files, as then I can't use EDGE when I deliberately want to use it (in a traffic jam or so).

HELP!
    Last edited by stefimke; 11-20-2007 at 06:13 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stefimke View Post

I cannot disable EDGE. When I don't have a wifi signal and launch Safari it just connects using EDGE, this is VERY uncool as this will lead to a massive phone bill.

I tried the "normal" ways in the iPhone's own menu structure. I tried installing the Services application, there I can turn off EDGE but it doesn't get really turned off! (when I restart Services again EDGE is also back on again).

I basicly don't want to disable it by modifying files, as then I can't use EDGE when I deliberately want to use it (in a traffic jam or so).

HELP!
    If you're not with AT&T, try blanking out your EDGE info (APN, User ID, password). If you can't log in, you can't use EDGE = no charges.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    If you're not with AT&T, try blanking out your EDGE info (APN, User ID, password). If you can't log in, you can't use EDGE = no charges.
    I'm not with AT&T, and even with blank EDGE info it connects auto-magically (KPN, Netherlands)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Go to settings and enter a pinlock
    Hi,

you could go to -settings- -general- and enter a PIN at PIN-Lock the iphone will always prompt you to enter a PIN when tryinf to connect to EDGE

Scooter69

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter69 View Post
    you could go to -settings- -general- and enter a PIN at PIN-Lock the iphone will always prompt you to enter a PIN when tryinf to connect to EDGE
    Tried but doesn't work...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I have he same problem also. I am just wondering if you already solve your problem, 'coz I'm really starting to piss off when my wi-fi connection is interrupted by the edge connection whether I'm ftping or surfing the net with my wi-fi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Solution Of Edge
    HI MATES,
    M USING 1.1.2 AND GET CHARGED ALOT ON O2 BUT FOUND SOLUTION TRY TYPYING ( DISABLED ) IN THE EDGE SETTINGS IN APN MAKE SURE IT WOULD BE IN CAPITAL LETTERS. IF IT WORKS LET ME KNOW THANKS......

Quote Originally Posted by stefimke View Post

HELP!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I too have had similar issues.

Any success with the above? This has not worked for me - this is exactly what services.app does and fails at that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

first of all fellows
    i am with tmobile, upgraded to 1.1.2 and unlocked it, what settings are you using for edge?
    with 1.1.1 we uploaded 2 files and it worked

Green Apple
    Thanks
    deliberately type an incorrect APN, it should work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Type DISABLED In APN And Leave The Rest Blank Restart Your Mobile Everything Will Be Ok. I Am Using 1.1.2 And It Is Working Perfectly With Edge Disabled.

Let Me Know If It Works??

Regards
    Last edited by waseem3761; 11-27-2007 at 09:38 AM. Reason: CAPITAL LETTERS