+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My WIFI is retarded!! HELP.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
OK, so im sitting here at my computer surfing the web and i decide to check Installer for any new updates. I open installer and i realize the sources are
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Exclamation My WIFI is retarded!! HELP.
    OK, so im sitting here at my computer surfing the web and i decide to check Installer for any new updates. I open installer and i realize the sources are taking forever to refresh. I notice my WiFi is not connected so i go into settings and select my WiFi (which has full reception). I go back into Installer and the sources refresh. 10 minutes later, when i want to go on Safari on my iPhone ( and im still next to my computer and router) my wifi is disconnected again. I go back into settings and it doesnt even auutomatically select my network. So i reselected it and again, 10 minutes later, it was no longer connected and i hadnt even moved once. this is really annoying especially when im on the itunes wifi store cause it keeps telling me to connect to a wifi out of nowhere. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. THIS IS SOOOOOO ANNOYING!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Everytime u lock and unlock ur phone ( by pressing the top button)..the wifi gets disconnected..and has to be manually selected again...this holds true even for auto lock...to bypass this problem..install johns tool from installer...but i heard some bad things bout it in this forum ( it apparently reduces battery life..not sure bout this)
    Did I Help you?? Then Hit the Thanks button!
    16gb iPhone running 1.1.4
    Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    MMi ROCKS!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

turn off wi-fi, click on settings icon>general>reset>reset network settings...after phone does it's thing, enable wi-fi again and input security code if applicable.

works for me when I have a similar dilemma..cheers!