Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Won't Back Up?

Default iPhone Won't Back Up?
    Hi there,
    I seem to be having a problem in that my iPhone does not get backed up by iTunes.. the last backup it says is there (edit>prefs>syncing) was from the 1st March.
    No matter how many times I press 'Sync', the backup doesnt seem to change.

Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same here, i just realized that my last backup was from march.... why isn't it backing up?

I had the same problem, it wouldn't backup by itself - it would take 2 hours to get two bars in the progress bar, then it would stop and say that it couldn't be completed..
    It wouldn't let me update to 2.2 either, for the same reason, it always froze in the backup, at about halfway.
    After searching everywhere for answers on the web, I finally found a solution - thanks to an Apple employee.

-Plug in your iphone, once it's recognized in your iTunes, click "File -> Transfer purchases from iPhone" to make sure all your current apps get saved into your iTunes before you proceed.
    -On your home screen on your phone, delete all of your apps (all the ones that you are able to delete) - this is done by holding your finger down on one until they all start to wiggle, then touching the "x" and confirming the delete, in case you didn't know that.
    -Unplug the phone, then plug it back in so that iTunes can recognize it again, then click on the 2.2 Update and let it do it's thing. If you're just backing up, right click on your phone in the side bar and click "Backup"

It should work after doing this, then you can re-sync your apps with iTunes and get them all back.

Right-click on Iphone then select Backup. Your Welcome

No, the point was that it wouldn't back up. As in, even when it says it's backing up, it doesn't work. Even if you click back up. It doesn't complete it properly, and doesn't save a backup file.

Also, I already said that.

"If you're just backing up, right click on your phone in the side bar and click "Backup"

You're welcome.
    Last edited by PrincessL; 07-03-2009 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost