+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: restoring my iphone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
well sense i got my phone i did alot of testing with all the mods and whatnot that wer out there, obviously there were alot that i discarded of but
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default restoring my iphone
    well sense i got my phone i did alot of testing with all the mods and whatnot that wer out there, obviously there were alot that i discarded of but now i know exactaly whats out there and what i want.

Only problem is that my phones lagy as **** ( i assume because of all the stuff ive put on it )

My question is, sync my phone a final time, and do a restore, what will all be saved and what will i lose.
    Like, will my contacts, pictures, bookmarks, etc be put back on the phone after the restore? or what will i be able to save?

i just want to know before i go ahead and do it. thanks guys

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'm trying to jailbreak my cousins iphone but it wont install the installer. it says i need to restore my iphone, but when i hook my iphone up to my computer its says click to restore and update. can i just restore without updating because i dont want to brick his phone.

Banned
    Thanks

sync it and it will back up the phone....once u restore it everything will be lost...but the next time u plug it in and will load everything it backed up bak onto ur phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when i click restore it says restore and update. but i dont want to brick my cousins iphone. if i click it will it just restore or update also?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1DaBoi View Post
    i'm trying to jailbreak my cousins iphone but it wont install the installer. it says i need to restore my iphone, but when i hook my iphone up to my computer its says click to restore and update. can i just restore without updating because i dont want to brick his phone.
    you need to download the version of the firmware your running now from modmyi download section, put it on your desktop, put iPhone in recovery mode and let iTunes detect it, then it will say iTunes detected iPhone in recovery mode click ok to restore, click ok, then hold down shift key on pc and click restore, navigate to your desktop, select the firmware file you just downloaded and boom, no more stains in ya undies