+ Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [PROBLEM DISCUSSION] IMEI 4999/No Wifi/No BT....Save Us!!!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Update to 1.1.3 if nothing else works and you are desprate, it completely rewrites the firmware and the errors should be gone.
    Thanks

Update to 1.1.3 if nothing else works and you are desprate, it completely rewrites the firmware and the errors should be gone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i've tried updatin to 1.1.3, in the info section over emergency slide, imei still 0049, guess we're screwed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah did not do anything for me either

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

113 jailbreak is possible now but still no fix for our problem, and we can use this method to jailbreak 113 because it requires wifi. anyway.

http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/ipho...break-released

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emmanuelhs View Post
    Editted by ReVan Try this:

HAVE THE AT&T SIM CARD IN YOUR PHONE AT ALL TIMES DURING THE ENTIRE PROCESS
    1. Restore your phone to v1.1.2
    2. Downgrade to v1.0.2 via DFU mode, upon receiving an error 1013, use the 1.1.2 jailbreak software and click Boot from Recovery
    3. This should make your WiFi working. Now you can jailbreak and activate your phone (Windows users use: AppTappInstaller & PACAY)
    4. Add this to your Installer source: i.unlock.no and refresh the sources.
    5. Set your Auto-Lock to Never
    6. Install BSD 1.5 via Installer
    7. Under the Unlocking Tools category in Installer, install The Virginizer and let it complete.
    8. After its done check your About and see that your IMEI should be original along with your modem firmware to be 3.14
    9. Feel free to upgrade to v1.1.2 following the guides on this forum.

*Optional*

If the above steps still do not restore your IMEI to it's original number, then do the following after Step 6 :-

Prerequisites:

1. The BSD Subsystem
    2. A way to copy files to your phone
    3. A way to run commands in a terminal on your phone

Steps:

1. Copy ipe-lockdownd-tools.tgz to the root directory ( / ) on your iPhone.

* In a terminal, type the following lines:

Code:
    cd /
    cp /usr/libexec/lockdownd /usr/libexec/lockdownd.bak
    tar -xvzf ipe-lockdownd-tools.tgz
    cd /ipetools
    ./ipatcher -a
    * Reboot your iPhone.
    * In a terminal, type the following lines:

Code:
    cd /ipetools ./bricktool

This method doesn't worked for me. I still have greyed Wi Fi....
    What I used : 1.0.2 firmware , virginized , all tutorials for repairing & virginizing Ok , baseband ok , 3.14.08_G ok ,bootloader 3.9......
    I get NO errors while use Survivor pack or Virginizer Pack......everything is fine..except Wi Fi . Doesn't appear any Wi Fi adress in About.......
    At this moment I can say that is NO method to bring it back...I didn't tried to update to 1.1.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking Question
    I jailbraked my iphone to 1.1.3 and everything's working fine but it can't display edge when wi-fi's not activated. Does somebody know what I can do to get my edge icon back?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ztubbz View Post
    I have the EXACT same problem as monkeyking. Also same phone history (1.1.1 OTB working few weeks then installed some app via Installer.app, the invalid sim... etc)

found something new here
    a tool that can send stuff to the baseband
    http://web.newsguy.com/marcio/iphone/igsm/

could this be a step to solve our problem?
    !ztubbz

Just to let you know, I've still not found a solution to my problem. I more or less gave up, pending some revelation on these boards, and gave my 'ipod' to my wife to use

Quote Originally Posted by jeronimorv View Post
    113 jailbreak is possible now but still no fix for our problem, and we can use this method to jailbreak 113 because it requires wifi. anyway.

http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/ipho...break-released
    !jeronimorv

It's disheartening to hear that the 1.1.3 upgrade doesn't work. I'd heard that it might work miracles.

From everything I've read, I think there are 2 levels of 'no IMEI/wifi' problems. The first level is one that can be repaired by following the tutorials laid out by Revan, et all. There are enough people out there that have followed the steps and recovered all, or at least most functionality. Perhaps for those people, upgrading to 1.1.3 will also work.

But then there are those of us for whom nothing seems to work. We've tried all the tutorials, all the upgrade, downgrades, etc. Nada. It has been suggested that we've done so much upgrading/downgrading that we've 'burnt' something out...effectively causing damage to the radio hardware somehow. I'm not 100% ready to accept this possibility....I'm hoping that its just a case that all the 'virginizers' out there are actually not 'virginizing' some aspect of our software/baseband.

But I'm not a professional hacker nor do i know much about the inner workings of these phones other than what I've learned on these boards.

If someone out there has found some new information on anything related to our folly, please speak up!

Monkeyking

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello guys, same here havent found a cure with the no wifi thing.. im stuck in 1.0.2 =(

i have a question, can i upgrade to 1.1.1 or higher even i dont have a wifi?

hope soon someone could help us with the no wifi..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Monkeyking,
    Yeah, I've read and Ive also been told that this is the commboard thats broken/corrupted/effed up and the only solution is to replace the commboard (I found ONE place in europe that does this and it costs some 114 to do this!) and I dont really want to do it myself.
    But I refuse to believe that software can damage hardware, somehow I can not wrap my mind around this.
    However, I do have a new iphone with a TurboSIM now, but I would love to have my old Iphone back working, at least have the wifi functionality back.
    I guess I keep that broken phone in a drawer incase some update will fix it sometime.

BTW, I've heard from people that put their phone in the fridge and wifi came back... have you tried this? (sounds like witchcraft to me, but whoknows)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default bricked
    So im feeling you pain guys, now was my turn...

I had a 1.0.2 jailbroken/activated with FW 04.01.13_G and with no wifi. So i tried to follow a bunch of guides and nothing a few hours ago i decided to upgrade to 1.1.2 to see if the wifi returns but it didnt, i restored it to 1.0.2 but get the incorrect sim msg, now i have a 1.0.2 with FW 04.02.13_G, cant make calls.

And on top of that ibrickr doesnt work.

What should i do? does this has a solution? Should i take it to repair??

should i put it in the fridge?? lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had same issue with 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 I used ibrickr to download firmware to 102 after that i activate with pacay software. intall apptap installer with winstallerGui i install i.unlock.no in the source virginize and thats all i hope that works for all of u i got all files and to do this job if any one needs them let me know.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

did anyone try the new geohot unlock and see if at least the imei came back?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nightcrawler97 View Post
    I had same issue with 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 I used ibrickr to download firmware to 102 after that i activate with pacay software. intall apptap installer with winstallerGui i install i.unlock.no in the source virginize and thats all i hope that works for all of u i got all files and to do this job if any one needs them let me know.
    hi, thanks. but the problem is that we don't have wi-fi in any firmware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am also having this same issue. I am OTB 1.0.2.

I was running 1.0.2 until Sunday. I jailbroke it months ago and put SSH / NES on it. On Sunday I decided I didn't use SSH/NES that much so I didn't care if I lost those applications and the google GPS thing seemed interesting... So before I upgraded to 1.1.3 I did a restore to 1.0.2 via the option in iTunes. After I restored it I did the 1.1.3 upgrade. Once that was done I was pretty much foobar'd.

I have spent 10+ hours over the last few days trying to get my phone back to ANY state where I can make calls with no luck.

I have done everything everyone has posted.... I was able to revert to 03.14.08_G along with the 1.0.2 software. I run all the virginize tools (include the nor ones that reset your seczone) and still nothing.

I think I am going to give up myself until someone figures something out!

That state I was last at was running 1.0.2 with 03.14.08_G jailbroken. I run Parallels on my Mac so I was using both iNdependence on my Mac and iBrickr on Windows. I have an "Invalid SIM" error, no wifi, and my IMEI is 4999.... My ICCID is not blank, though. I am a valid AT&T user with a 2 year plan.

I also have a hard time believing that my software fried my comboard!!!!

I hope someone can eventually figure this out... I am using a lameass loaner phone for the time being!

I feel your pain, Gentlemen!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by bytez; 02-05-2008 at 07:54 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

I had this problem just 10 mins ago. I restored to 1.1.3, downgraded to 1.0.2, couldn't jailbreak, went to 1.1.1 in DFU and everything worked from there!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So there is a new thread on hackint0sh...

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27235

havent had a chance to try it yet tho...

Thanks

As long as you restore to 1.1.3 it will rewrite everything! It worked for me, then just go back down to 1.0.2 and work your way up! You'll have to downgrade your baseband at 1.1.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

restoring to 1.1.3 didnt work for me tho...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ztubbz View Post
    restoring to 1.1.3 didnt work for me tho...
    Well what did you do after and where do you stand now?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

after restoring to 1.1.3 I downgraded back to 1.0.2 and did all the steps found in several walkthroughs here and on hackint0sh, wifi never came back...

is there a difference what several methods of restoring do to the iphone? i am speaking of DFU mode and restore mode?
    what exactly is the difference? maybe i did something wrong there...