+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Screen, Not touch sensitive on 1/2

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello All. First, thanks to everyone on this forum who has been so helpful by posting the best walkthroughs on anything related to the iphone. Yesterday my screen out of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone Screen, Not touch sensitive on 1/2
    Hello All. First, thanks to everyone on this forum who has been so helpful by posting the best walkthroughs on anything related to the iphone.

Yesterday my screen out of the blue lost functionality on the top half. By that I mean it displays images, but it will not respond to touch. The bottom half works fine. I have not made any software changes in that time (ie. it must be hardware failure). I was running an unlocked/jailbroken 1.1.1, I have since downgraded to 1.0.2. I use t-mobile. I am going to bring the phone to the apple store in hope of a replacement. Here is my question, do I need to virginize the phone because I don't believe they will be able to see what the baseband is. This is because you cannot click the Settings->About tab since it is on the top half of the screen. Also I don't think they can dial into the field test mode where the would also see the baseband. I will also remove my t-mobile sim before bringing it in. The phone will be restored to 1.0.2 (not virgin) and will be locked when I bring it in. Is there anything I should worry about? Will they be able to tell that I have unlocked this phone? Has anybody else been through this?

Thanks a lot guys!

Don't know if it makes any difference but I'm on MBP w/ OSX 10.5.1 and itunes 7.5

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

they wont service it unless it is under at&t service..sorry to break it to you...had a guy go in with me at the same time and he had tmobile...turned him away and i got a new one that day =)

Thanks

Wow. You are the 3rd person to report this here in a matter of 2 days. I reported mine on Saturday and there's another thread on the same issue. Is this just a coincidence or a more pandemic iPhone problem?
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Pokekid. I wont have my tmobile sim in the phone. Do you guys think they will replace it even though I am not under At&t service. I plan on not having a sim in the phone. It will be freshly restored and locked.