+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best way to remove a scratch?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Well I've had my iPhone for a little over a week now and already I've noticed a really annoying but very thin scratch on the glass front (over the screen).
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Best way to remove a scratch?
    Well I've had my iPhone for a little over a week now and already I've noticed a really annoying but very thin scratch on the glass front (over the screen). While it doesn't inhibit use, it is really annoying. (I knew I should have got that damn invisible shield, I've been running naked except for an Agent 18 case)

Anyway, I was google-ing scratch removal for glass and came across this site. Do you think that would work to remove the scratch? Does anyone know of anything better for removing scratches from the iPhone's glass front?

I'm going to go to the apple store and get a screen protector from them probably tomorrow. I can't wait two weeks for invisible shield to ship me one of theirs, and I sure as hell am not spending 40 dollars on shipping for a piece of plastic.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I baby the hell out of it, as I do with everything that I own. I've never dropped it or left it anywhere. It's only been in my pocket or charging in the dock when not in use. When in use I'm very gentle with it, so I don't know where this scratch could have came from.
    Last edited by tc91; 11-18-2007 at 05:39 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I know jewelers sometimes have stuff for removing scratches from watch faces. Research that and you may be in luck.