Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 Downgraded to 1.1.1 stuck in restore mode

Exclamation 1.1.2 Downgraded to 1.1.1 stuck in restore mode
    Hello, I have been working on this for 4 hours and am at a complete loss.
    I have been using this site and all of the instructions and they have been great.
    I have done all of the software updates and have been able to have a complete unlocked and jailbroken phone without any problems.

Until now......

I updated to 1.1.2 and had no problems. I updated to the newest version of Customize and somehow my keyboard became corrupted. I tried everything to get the original keyboard working but had not luck.

As a last resort I had to restore the phone. I ran the instructions step by step without a problem. BUT when I got 1.1.1 restored and tried to get out of the restore mode I became stuck. I have tried iNdependance and iPhuc with no luck. iNdependance does nothing and iPhuc gives me a "missing symbol" error.

I can upgrade back to 1.1.2 but cant activate. I have been stuck in this cycle for hours and am at a loss. I can find no way to get out of the recovery/dfu mode.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.

I too have this same issue? Anybody have a fix for this?

Thanks

ibrick helped me with the boot feature, if you get a green screen reflash 1.1.1 on it, than use the "booter" in ibrick again, should be a red background now and out of restore mode.

Green Apple
    Thanks

do you know of any osx programs that can do it?

I'm on OS X and had the same problem. Bizarrely, I was sitting staring at my iPhone, despairing, as it displayed the little yellow warning symbol at me and it suddenly went into the 'activate phone' screen. I have no idea why, but I'd tried restoring it countless times - maybe it just needs a few minutes to sort itself out?

Also, have you tried with iTunes 1.4.2 as well as 1.5?

use independence(mac) or ibricker for (windows) follow this guide if you would like to fresh start.http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...nlock_mac.html

Post Independence??? Not working
    Independence does not work with leopard!!

yes it does im on leopard and it wooks. it only stops woorking when you upgrade your phone to 1.1.2

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I no longer have any cell service after downgrading to 1.1.1 any ideas as to why? I have ATT service.
    Last edited by ian_frs; 11-19-2007 at 11:13 AM.

make shure you have independence 1.3 beta2

Thanks

I have that. But Itunes doesn't seem to finish activating would Independence activation work you think?

is your phone originaly 1.1.2 if yes then no because independence is not compatible with 1.1.2 . you would have to dowgrade all the way down to 1.0.2.

Thanks

It was 1.0.2 then I upgraded to 1.1.2 on accident. Now I am downgrading to 1.1.1 and the downgrade works but I no longer have use of my phone because it doesn't find reception to activate. Every time I try to go back down to 1.0.2 I get error 1.

Update: After upgrading to 1.1.2 with the help of Jailbreakme.com I now can use my phone again.
    Last edited by ian_frs; 11-19-2007 at 05:12 PM.