+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone's Crash Of The Century

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I try to make it short & simple. This is the chronology before the crash happened: 1. Via Installer app, I installed Dock, and it's working. 2. Then, via
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone's Crash Of The Century
    Hi, I try to make it short & simple. This is the chronology before the crash happened:

1. Via Installer app, I installed Dock, and it's working.
    2. Then, via Installer.app also, I installed Panic, Fall, Pump within IApple-A-Day category, and it's also working.
    3. Via Installer.app again, I installed Themes(Summerboard) but couldn't completed because incompatible(i think, coz I can't remember the exact word).
    4. I try installing other themes(not summerboard themes), and pop-up message telling me something with "script error".The same message appear again for the other themes I try to install.
    5. I switch off the iPhone....AND, the nightmare begins:

A. Black & white stripes keep flashing alternately with the apple logo for about 1 minutes.
    B.The home screen icon appears but the time/clock changed, date is OK.My wallpaper replaced with black background.
    C. Coz my SIM card is locked, the windows asking me to unlock my SIM appear but the screen touch screen is not responsive. This windows appear for few seconds, dissapear and appear again and again.
    D.The screen is not responsive at all to activate any application EXCEPT the DOCK, but after selecting any application, it's hang.
    E. after few seconds the process I mentioned in D. above repeated again.
    F. Hard reset, re-starting iPhone still give the same result...No Cure...!!!

FYI, I'm using unlocked iPhone....

HELP ME PLEASE......

Thanks

Default Same here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Max20d View Post
    Hi, I try to make it short & simple. This is the chronology before the crash happened:

1. Via Installer app, I installed Dock, and it's working.
    2. Then, via Installer.app also, I installed Panic, Fall, Pump within IApple-A-Day category, and it's also working.
    3. Via Installer.app again, I installed Themes(Summerboard) but couldn't completed because incompatible(i think, coz I can't remember the exact word).
    4. I try installing other themes(not summerboard themes), and pop-up message telling me something with "script error".The same message appear again for the other themes I try to install.
    5. I switch off the iPhone....AND, the nightmare begins:

A. Black & white stripes keep flashing alternately with the apple logo for about 1 minutes.
    B.The home screen icon appears but the time/clock changed, date is OK.My wallpaper replaced with black background.
    C. Coz my SIM card is locked, the windows asking me to unlock my SIM appear but the screen touch screen is not responsive. This windows appear for few seconds, dissapear and appear again and again.
    D.The screen is not responsive at all to activate any application EXCEPT the DOCK, but after selecting any application, it's hang.
    E. after few seconds the process I mentioned in D. above repeated again.
    F. Hard reset, re-starting iPhone still give the same result...No Cure...!!!

FYI, I'm using unlocked iPhone....

HELP ME PLEASE......
    The same exact thing happened to me...like my iPhone was possessed or something.

I re-virginized, re-flashed, and re-installed everything. Scary experience though!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How to re-virginized & re-flashed it ? Any online tutorial available ?
    Will this method work on unlocked iPhone...and....I'm user from Asian country....will the "re-virginized" work on my nation's carrier ??

Help me pleaseeee......

JPU
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi I have exactly the same problem and no idea on how to fix! Any help would be much appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is pretty common, if you search around a bit I'm sure you could find it, here is the basics.

You downloaded a file from a out of date rogue source, the main script execution error is the identifying part here.

Now all you can do is do a restore, you will lose whatever you have added since your last sync.

The full proof method to putting your phone in restore mode is...
    plug it in to the wall outlet, not computer

Hold both power button and home button for up to a minute until the connect to iTunes logo comes up.

At this time plug it into iTunes and do your restore, it is recomended to restore to 1.1.1 and not 1.1.2 yet so you will need to search for how to make that happen. Basically use iTunes 7.4 and download the 1.1.1 software from one of many sources. Then in iTunes hold shift or apple key if you are on a mac then press the restore button. This will allow you to select which file to install firmware from, select the 1.1.1 that you just downloaded and let it do its thing.

Then all you have to do is jailbreakme.com again and get your phone back to your liking, just be careful with untested rogue sources.

Hope this was helpful, would of had more info and links but I'm typing from my iPhone in class right now.

Joe

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Joe......I'll try it. One question: Will restoring iPhone from iTunes locked it again? And can I use 1.1.2 hacked firmware to use?

Banned
    Thanks

Restore to 1.1.1, and wait til you get the error 1015. Once you get it, you should get wINstaller, and click Activate. Look on your screen and wait for the screen that say Activate. You should then, click Cancel. Then do the standard *#307* process to jailbrake it. It may take trial and fail to do but keep going. Then get OktoPrep and update to 1.1.2 via iTunes. Then get this package:

http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

And run windows.bat (if on Windows).

Thanks

i hear dwhen an iphone is unlocke it is more vournerable to trojans

Green Apple
    Thanks

i also hear dthat those trojans which iphone is vournerable are possibly drunk or fail english class