+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: safari and others keep crashing

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
so recently, my iphone has been randomly crashing. its usually when im using safari and browsing it will lock up and then just go back to the main screen or
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default safari and others keep crashing
    so recently, my iphone has been randomly crashing. its usually when im using safari and browsing it will lock up and then just go back to the main screen or sometimes when im using another app or try to start another app like maps or something it will just sit there and load then go back to the screen where i have to 'slide to unlock'
    • i have 1.1.1
    • i used the jailbreakme.com method
    • im using tmobile and i believe i used not the most recent anysim but the one before it to unlock the phone
    • i did the whole youtube fix for edge
    • im using the edge hack w/ tmobiles tzones (although it happens on my wifi more than edge)
    • i recently did the whole ringtone thing where you edit the .plist and add your ringtone

and all these little hacks or mods or w/e you want to call them have worked BUT it keeps crashing! whats going on?!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine is doing the same thing. I am on 1.1.2 My apps crash twice and on the third attempt the phone reboots itself and goes to the slide to unlock screen. The first time I jailbroke my phone (when I upgraded to 1.1.1) I did it manually through ssh, etc. The second time I used jailbreakme. I am using AT&T. It seems to be crashing all the time now.

Modbox14, I just saw a couple of other posts about this. Try turning off your Dim Wallpaper under Summerboard and see if that helps the crashing.
    Last edited by Jodiedicie; 11-17-2007 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi
    I have the exact same specifications as your phone unlocked the same way. Mine kept crashing randomly too. I tried switching off the dim wallpaper option on summerboard but it didnt help, in fact I even restored the phone twice. The only way I got it to stop crashing was by uninstalling summerboard. Its been a couple of days and none of the apps have crashed so far. I believe that this solution has worked for a number of people. Try it and wait for a updated summerboard application. I'd rather have no summerboard than an iPhone that keeps crashing.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by kabirghumman; 11-19-2007 at 12:35 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiedicie View Post
    Modbox14, I just saw a couple of other posts about this. Try turning off your Dim Wallpaper under Summerboard and see if that helps the crashing.
    yeahhh i tried that and same results. ill probably just uninstall summerboard for now... sounds like thats whats messing things up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, i have the exat same situation too. My iPhone (1.1.1 with jailbreakme.com and IPSF) started crashing randomly after install the summerboard. So if i try uninstall this application the installer show me the follow message -> "Uninstalling SummerBoard may make launching third party applications impossible. Are you sure you wish to continue?". I'm affraid to confirm the uninstall proccess. So i ask you. How can i uninstall safely the summerboard? Thanks and sorry for my english.

Thanks

no i know about my problem! i thought safari plugins are the reason! but i also have summerboard installed! it should be possible to "start the iphone in a safe mode without extensions"