+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore to a Factory State

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Because of various problems in the installation of applications that have caused several malfunctons in my iphone (1.0.2), I am thinking to restore in recovery-mode via itunes. But before I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Restore to a Factory State
    Because of various problems in the installation of applications that have caused several malfunctons in my iphone (1.0.2), I am thinking to restore in recovery-mode via itunes.
    But before I do that I have a number of questions and doubts:
    1. If I do this restore, were erased all applications installed (BSD Subsystem, installer, games, pictures, etc.) or just restore parameters firmware without deleting else?
    I am interested in this method only if it erase everything and leave the iphone as when it was purchased.
    2. Is it a safe method? I find problems in doing so.
    3. If I use this method the iphone is blocked again, should I use the "virginizer_pack" before updating to version 1.1.1? Or can I update and then liberate without using the "virginizer"

I read a Thread named: http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8968 [GUIDE] How do I Restore my iPhone to factory state (virginizing)(Mac/Win 1.0.2 only)
    But when i try to download "Terminal" link in this Thread this message appears:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /pxl/MobileTerminal-VT100-svn161.pxl on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The Thread is closed and i cant post
    Some one can help? How can i dowload "Terminal"??

Thanks in advance for the help and forgiveness for my bad English.

Help Please
    Last edited by ComRaider; 11-17-2007 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost