Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: slo0o0o0w wifi at home..?

Default slo0o0o0w wifi at home..?
    hey guys. ive been using my iphone wifi connectiona t home and it has been running great. but today i noticed its been running reeeal slow while trying to watch videos in youtube...the loading bar takes forever to fill up a 30 second video. but also today at my cousins house its been running really fast. why is it so slow at my house? and o yea before i forget, i tried to watch a video and it said cannot load this video or something along those lines, but then i tried again and it worked..thanks in advance.

Banned
    Thanks

myabe the wifi at ur house sux...or ur cousin has a different internet provider and ur internet provider was doin stuff (like maintanance or tests)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

what does your ifone have to do with this? have you tried wifi on another putter to see it is slow too. wifi speeds can vary, especially if everyone in your neighborhood getting some free wifi from ya

Please do not post multiple threads on the same subject. It will get you banned.

well. my ifone has everything to do with this because it seems like its youtube causing all the trouble. if i search for videos it either says cannot connect to youtube or if it does sometimes it will disconnect me from wifi and put me on EDGE wich doesnt work either. and when i try to reconnect my wifi it says unable to connect to lynksis(my network)..

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m750 View Post
    well. my ifone has everything to do with this because it seems like its youtube causing all the trouble. if i search for videos it either says cannot connect to youtube or if it does sometimes it will disconnect me from wifi and put me on EDGE wich doesnt work either. and when i try to reconnect my wifi it says unable to connect to lynksis(my network)..
    im sorry...but i can't not think of anyway this has to do with ur fone....sometimes wifi connectuions go in and out...and youtube does slow the general internet in ur house down...ur fone is not casuing ur wifi problems....its just not logical....somebody try to prove me wrong....cuz i just don't see how that would work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m750 View Post
    Well, if it was a YouTube issue, wouldn't you think that you would have the same problem at your cousins house??? Just sounds like an intermittent wifi issue.

Thanks

Try www.vtap.com

If you get the same thing, its your WiFi.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

My wife's iPhone (never-modded 1.1.1) is having the same issue. When it's connected to our wireless network (as well as the neighbor's one), it seems to not be loading pages via WiFi. It seems to be loading via Edge, and very slowly at that. My iPhone (1.1.1, jailbroken) works great with the WiFi, not sure what the problem is.

The router is a linksys WRT54G with WPA2. It still does the same with unsecured wireless connections though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kartjob View Post
    My wife's iPhone (never-modded 1.1.1) is having the same issue. When it's connected to our wireless network (as well as the neighbor's one), it seems to not be loading pages via WiFi. It seems to be loading via Edge, and very slowly at that. My iPhone (1.1.1, jailbroken) works great with the WiFi, not sure what the problem is.

The router is a linksys WRT54G with WPA2. It still does the same with unsecured wireless connections though.
    AH, my wife had the same problem (poor ol' wives) when I brought her 1.1.1 iPhone home for the first time. From Memory, I believe I had to go in & even though the iPhone picked up the SSID, I went ahead and selected Other & then added it manually putting in the correct security & password (which is your wep keys if secured). I bet since you are switching back to Edge there is a problem with your setup somewhere.