+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: REALLY SERIOUS: WiFi doesn't work, how to virginize now?!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hey ich have an iPhone for a couple of days now but suddenly the Wifi stopped working...(its gray now in the menu and says "Not Available", i cant even select
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default REALLY SERIOUS: WiFi doesn't work, how to virginize now?!
    hey

ich have an iPhone for a couple of days now but suddenly the Wifi stopped working...(its gray now in the menu and says "Not Available", i cant even select it)

so I installed all available FWs but its still not working. Now I have a NOT activated iPhone with 1.1.1 which has already been jailbroken and resettet after that.

What can I do now? I would bring it to the apple store, but won't they notice that it was jailbroken even if its not activated at the moment?!
    How can I still virginize it?
    Is the Wifi Issue maybe just a software prob?

Pleeeease help me i need my phone

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

use vterm 100
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Did you put your phone in to restore mode? if not try to put it in to restore mode by holding down the sleep and home button and restore .. if it still doesn't work well.. and you have a way of taking it back .. take it back if not ... well lets take it one step at a time...

Ligher...

Quote Originally Posted by Cobo86 View Post
    hey

ich have an iPhone for a couple of days now but suddenly the Wifi stopped working...(its gray now in the menu and says "Not Available", i cant even select it)

so I installed all available FWs but its still not working. Now I have a NOT activated iPhone with 1.1.1 which has already been jailbroken and resettet after that.

What can I do now? I would bring it to the apple store, but won't they notice that it was jailbroken even if its not activated at the moment?!
    How can I still virginize it?
    Is the Wifi Issue maybe just a software prob?

Pleeeease help me i need my phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah it is in restore mode...
    now its getting really frustrating.

I try to restore it with every FW available but everytime i get an iTunes error at the end and the iTunes Symbil appears on the Phone...

I tried it with Windows and Mac, independence quits all the time and iBrickR is showing a green display...wtf is going on!?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi Cobo,

Welcome to the club...

Been figting a lot with this issue.... tried everything ... and nothing seems to work... For now we're stuck

see here : http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14981

and here : http://rdgaccess.com/iphone-elite/viewtopic.php?t=77

If you find something, please let me know... For now best i could do was go gack to 102 and use it a s a phone without wifi.... Had a proposal from one guy who would buy mine for parts...

Good luck,

BTW this procedure worked for me to unbrick it... But still no wifi... http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461
    Last edited by continuity; 11-16-2007 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thx dude I'll try...

At the moment I unfortunately got other problems...i can't restore nothing right now! I have 1.1.2 and all the iPhone does is show me the ITunes symbol and says I should restore it...everytime I tr it displays some error.
    Im almost crying

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

we have same problem.. i cant use my wifi either, i have a 1.0.2 phone.. and it freezes random..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leigh1201 View Post
    we have same problem.. i cant use my wifi either, i have a 1.0.2 phone.. and it freezes random..
    Try this here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok guys im now in the activation menu of my 1.0.2 phone...my wifi is still gray so i cant use it.

Is there a way to get into the springboard or even better fix my wifi? Is that a software issue?

Pleease help me i spent the last 6 hours on my phone im soo exhausted...
    I already tried Breezy but it crashes after i am told to put the phone in restore mode and i do so...
    Last edited by Cobo86; 11-17-2007 at 01:25 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

In desparation I updated to 1.1.2 and wifi STILL ******* DOESN'T WORK. Stupid piece of **** this phone is....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The Thing is: I can access my Phone now via Breezy, but only install .pxl apps on it...so there must be a way of restoring the Baseband! I just dont know how