+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why Not 1.1.2?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
At this point, why would anyone resist upgrading to 1.1.2? It's stable, ringtones are MUCH easier, and most apps seem to work fine. I'm interested to hear different people's opinion
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Smile Why Not 1.1.2?
    At this point, why would anyone resist upgrading to 1.1.2? It's stable, ringtones are MUCH easier, and most apps seem to work fine. I'm interested to hear different people's opinion on why they haven't upgraded yet or why they have.

Also, it would be cool to know where everyone is from, so if you want to, sign your post like I did mine.

Happy iPhoneing or should I say iPhoneModding!
    Sam
    Dallas, TX

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was gonna ask about the update to 1.1.2. I noticed it as well as an updated version of ITunes. I have yet to update because I'm skeptical. I don't want to lose all of my apps. I am using firmware 1.0.2, I used Ibrickr to get Summerboard, and the Apptap Installer. I download everything from there. I am now familiar with any other programs. I am interested in updating to any newer versions of the Iphone or Itunes software as long as I can still use my programs, etc. Anyone got input on 1.1.2 yet?

Banned
    Thanks

i updated one of my iphones...but forgot to virginize before i did it so the unlock didn't work...and when i upgrade it will be deactivated and i don't feel like going thru all that trouble to activate it with winscp...im happy the way the phone i use is and am waiting for the official 1.1.2 unlock to unlock my other so i can sell it...thats why i can resist 1.1.2
    john
    atlanta,GA

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Upgrade mine and wife's iphone from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 monday when the jailbreak for 1.1.2 came out. So far I'm loving it because everything runs very smooth and fast, no lagging or freezing when openning and closing apps. Ringtones is so much easier to make, don't need to mod any file or scp to phone. Not many people have upgraded so far cause there's no unlock software yet, once that's release the majority will upgrade to 1.1.2.

Vincent,
    City of Brotherly Love.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So, what do I have to go through to get Installer, possibly Ibrickr, etc. after I update to 1.1.2??? I am an AT&T customer so I'm not so worried about unlocking it. However, I do want the freedom to download programs, ringtones, etc. Help please!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inutz View Post
    So, what do I have to go through to get Installer, possibly Ibrickr, etc. after I update to 1.1.2??? I am an AT&T customer so I'm not so worried about unlocking it. However, I do want the freedom to download programs, ringtones, etc. Help please!!!
    Dude, it's so easy. You install the "OKtoPREP" from Installer. Then you can update to 1.1.2 and run the new 1.1.2 jailbreak. It reinstalls installer for you. You do have to reinstall your apps, but in most cases, your settings and app specific information is still there, like Summerboard themes, etc... It's really worth it.

Instructions can be found in this thread on how to upgrade.
    Last edited by pcguysam; 11-16-2007 at 10:12 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm not too familiar with the jargon, but I have an unlocked phone with my old cingular SIM at 1.11, I shouldn't upgrade to 1.12? I know cingular is considered Att but, I didn't buy a new contract. So I should wait until there's a universal unlock like the person mentioned above?