+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck in the middle of somewhere! Please help.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok well I have to preface this by saying I am typically not the person to just jump on the forums and ask for help. I have read many posts
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Stuck in the middle of somewhere! Please help.
    Ok well I have to preface this by saying I am typically not the person to just jump on the forums and ask for help. I have read many posts and have managed to confuse myself into a corner... I now need some help.

So far:

I started by just doing the jailbreakme.com via the contacts URL glitch
    installed the app installer BSD and the other apps in the Hack the iPhone list
    got to the AnySim part and it went all the way through to the commstation
    It frooze at the commstation...

from there I restored with the 1.1.1 file using the shift click restore.
    I tried the above once again with the same freeze.

I have since then thrown several different things at it.

iBrickr
    SSH stuff
    Etc....

Now I get an error trying to restore using itunes and the shift click 1.1.1.
    The phone is stuck with a Please Connect to iTunes
    the version ID showed 1.1.1 data but iBrickr ran the 1.0.2 restore on it just prior to this

At this point I would just like to get down to the way I got it out of the box. This way I at least know where I am.

I have to admit I got a bit frustrated and probably did things out of order or incorrectly.

Basicly I just need to know how to get back to a baseline and then some good advise on where to go from there.

bump

Please help me here
    Last edited by robopath; 11-14-2007 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

i would downgrade it with ibricker then virginise , then Click shift Update not restore on itunes, anysim gives you problem if you dont chmod to 755

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saltey View Post
    i would downgrade it with ibricker then virginise , then Click shift Update not restore on itunes, anysim gives you problem if you dont chmod to 755
    Ok Ill give that a shot. I just searched for error 1604 and found a write up that said to pull the sim card and uninstall itunes/reinstall itunes and now im getting an error 6 when I try to restore.

I will not sleep untill I can use my tmobile test sim in this!!! Mark my words!

Best regards,