+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help! Bricked iphone!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok guys i really really need some help on this one... today i decided to do the 1.1.2. upgrade and jailbreak.... for whatever reason it didnt work and i was
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Please help! Bricked iphone!
    ok guys i really really need some help on this one... today i decided to do the 1.1.2. upgrade and jailbreak.... for whatever reason it didnt work and i was forced to downgrade back. i used numerous processes mainly the ones listed here http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15669

during this process i have come to step 7 of the non okto prep part and it wont let me push upgrade on my iphone and instead only has restore. i tried restoring it to some sort of orig state so i can start over and now my fone is bricked... all i get is the yellow triangle on every boot up and when i connnect to itunes it says its in recovery mode and it must be restored. i click on restore and no matter what restore firmware i choose, it always fails and im back to the yellow triangle...

please please please does anyone have any idea what to do or how i can fix this... btw the fone was never sim unlocked before just regular old jailbreak.

Thanks

Is iTunes giving the error seconds after starting the restore? If so, try pressing the Home and Power buttons for exactly 10 seconds, then release the Power button while still holding down the Home button. Wait until iTunes pops up saying the phone needs to be restored. It should successfully restore using that method (even if you get an error message at the end of the whole process)
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

see its not giving me the error immediately like u suggest... when i click restore in itunes it preps the fone for restore and unpacks everything and it sits.... the progress bar doesnt move a bit and after a while it says it failed and gives me the error code and i try and reboot the iphone and im back to yellow triangle

i just tried to do a restore now and it goes to preparing iphone and sits for a while and then says could not restore, unknown error and a code of 1603... anyone know what 1603 means and how to fix it?
    Last edited by coreycore02; 11-14-2007 at 12:01 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Had the sam problem with error 1603.

What I did was to uninstall itunes than shift to another usb on computer and then use Ibricker to force boot!

Than TADA!!! your back in the game!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

omg u sir are fantastic.... i about almost cried when i was stuck at the yellow triangle.... thank you so much, iphone is restoring as we speak

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ticalo View Post
    Had the sam problem with error 1603.

What I did was to uninstall itunes than shift to another usb on computer and then use Ibricker to force boot!

Than TADA!!! your back in the game!
    Now that's seriously screwed up. Damn these finicky computers.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.