+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 apps crash

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, i've upgraded to 1.1.1 from 1.0.2. Now unfortunately all my apps usually crash when I wake the iPhone from sleep. The app will start and crash shortly thereafter in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1.1.1 apps crash
    Hi, i've upgraded to 1.1.1 from 1.0.2.

Now unfortunately all my apps usually crash when I wake the iPhone from sleep. The app will start and crash shortly thereafter in which I re-open the app and I repeat this a couple of times until the iphone will freeze only for a couple of seconds and then goes to the "slide to unlock" screen.

Very frustrating, any fixes?

Thanks

ive nearly the same problem... after installing safari plugins my iphone crashes and restarts several times - like a loop. it reboots the freeze then reboot...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    same here. Would appreciate some help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

alright

i was looking at the forums today and i found one where this guy said that in 1.1.2 he had the same problem. he said that he fixed it by going into summerboard and turning of the "dim wallpaper" feature. i did this about 3 hours ago and i have not had an app crash since. but its only been three hours. so try it if you want

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Me too
    I just upated my phone to 1.1.1, installed the new summerboard 1.1.1 and have the same thing happening. I turned of the dim wallpaper option and will see if that solved it.

Let me know if you are not having that issue still. I take it you aren't since you haven't posted since. To anyone else, I'll post back my results.

Thanks!

En
    Last edited by Enlil242; 12-07-2007 at 02:04 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Enlil242 For This Useful Post:

bugme (12-08-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i also was experiencing some pretty bad crashing (with ipod, safari, installer, NES) and i only noticed it since i turned on the dim wallpaper feature. which sucks coz i really liked it!

i have since turned it off with no troubles since

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akramturbo View Post
    alright

i was looking at the forums today and i found one where this guy said that in 1.1.2 he had the same problem. he said that he fixed it by going into summerboard and turning of the "dim wallpaper" feature. i did this about 3 hours ago and i have not had an app crash since. but its only been three hours. so try it if you want
    You got it. Summerboard is 99% responsible for random anomalies and crashes while DIM Background is turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by inrainbows View Post
    i also was experiencing some pretty bad crashing (with ipod, safari, installer, NES) and i only noticed it since i turned on the dim wallpaper feature. which sucks coz i really liked it!

i have since turned it off with no troubles since
    I like it too, which I did the old fashioned method of feeding my favorite backgrounds into Photoshop, dimming the help out of them and putting them back on the iPhone. Primitive but works quite well.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 12-07-2007 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

bugme (12-08-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeppers, no crashes since turning the DIM feature off. Hopefully the bug will be worked out... Anybody have a link to a good tutorial on how to customize the main page. I noticed some users who are using one theme, and the doc from another. Is it the customize app? I have that installed but not sure how I replace the doc, besides just the background from templates...

Thanks!