+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Version 1.0.1 is Out!!!!!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
quick question before i start jailbreak again... i am running on windows... when i run jailbreak... do i do the lockdown putfile Services.plist thing or i dont have to do
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

quick question before i start jailbreak again... i am running on windows... when i run jailbreak... do i do the lockdown putfile Services.plist thing or i dont have to do that anymore? when i did this for the first time, i had an error that i couldnt surf the web, or check weather, or stock or even the map... i heard somewhere that you only do a putfile Services.plist if you are on Mac... is this right? please reply asap. Thanks!!

Thanks

Just updated and re-did my simple mods. i didn't have anything fabulous, but enough that i got used to it. Worst part is re-syncing my music. But all works fine.

Green Apple
    Thanks

to answer my own question;

if you made any alterations to your iphone at all, 1.0.1 is going to force you to restore

was said in #iphone
    Last edited by fred777; 07-31-2007 at 08:08 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think it is because the iPhone has been "unjailed". I had to restore it and I lost everything I did. That sucked. But, it is updated now. So, that was my experience.
    Mike
    Equipment: Apple iPhone with AT&T, Motorola i930 with Nextel. iMac 24-inch with 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 3GB RAM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGBaD View Post
    yep, jail breaked it and added the old themes back. The itone ringer software did crash on me, getting ready to leave, didn't try any ringtones, everytthing else though...
    Take a look at the directory tree - the Ringtones directory is no longer visible....

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

You sure? Even after you jailbreak?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jstableford View Post
    Take a look at the directory tree - the Ringtones directory is no longer visible....
    if you looked at what exactly you were doing during the process
    YOU created the directory!

after jailbreak and starting iphoneinterface, the first command was
    mkdir /var/root/Library/Ringtones

Quote Originally Posted by Miker754 View Post
    I think it is because the iPhone has been "unjailed". I had to restore it and I lost everything I did. That sucked. But, it is updated now. So, that was my experience.
    i was told to sync before applying the update so that itunes would create a backup of everything before i would have to restore.
    then i could import the backup onto my phone.

have you tried resyncing after the restore? if you have a recent backup you may be ok.
    let me know how it goes!
    Last edited by fred777; 07-31-2007 at 09:23 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had a recent backup from earlier today,no ringtones or anything were put back on after the restore, I am going to jailbreak, put all ringtones back on and theme and hope all goes well. I hate that I have to start fresh This is the FIRST time I have ever been disappointed with Apple

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itsdchz View Post
    I had a recent backup from earlier today,no ringtones or anything were put back on after the restore, I am going to jailbreak, put all ringtones back on and theme and hope all goes well. I hate that I have to start fresh This is the FIRST time I have ever been disappointed with Apple
    well obviously your modded files would be gone, but what about everything else? contacts, photos (taken with phone), sms, mail?
    were things like that restored after importing the backup?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fred777 View Post
    well obviously your modded files would be gone, but what about everything else? contacts, photos (taken with phone), sms, mail?
    were things like that restored after importing the backup?
    Let's try and clear some things up. When you sync with iTunes it automatically makes a backup of YOUR data, everything except passwords. I have restored multiple times and every time everything was restored, including SMS conversations and voicemails. Passwords are not restored.

Now when we mod, we mod the Apple files and they are not backed up for several reasons. One because the backup would take forever and it would be pointless to backup files that the restore process, well, restores.

PS I have restored, loaded the update, synced and then put back all my moded files including theme, ringtones, wallpapers and other files.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

fred777 (07-31-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

ahhh... thanks CyberGreg.
    that helps alot. i was just afraid i was gonna lose everything for a (what seems to be) featureless update.

i dont think im in the mood to remod everything right now
    such a pain. - and they will prolly do this after every update.

iPhone? More like MyPhone senas8's Avatar
    Thanks

So why did you all actually update for? I like that idea that someone mentioned a page back...to where you could just flash the firmware with the new update...kind of like what their doing in the psp scene....Custom Flash the firmware while still being able to have all the things from a past firmware+ the new features.
    Last edited by senas8; 07-31-2007 at 10:51 PM.
    There is no reason to do something anonymously if it is believed to be legal and it will benefit our rights.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I spent about 20 minutes putting everything back. No problems, I hack it the long way with jailbreak and iPhoneinterface. Kinda sucked, but in all honesty with my Blackberry and such I would have spent almost the same amount of time just waiting for it to restart after adding a theme.. Got my As Seen on TV modded back to my liking and all ringotones back on. I do not like the fact that every update will require a ringtone redo, but thats how it will be..

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Right, but with the .ipb script, you may not have to. Working on some cool things...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First off, thanks to the many people who were willing to immediately try the update on their modded iPhones. The indications are good for those without AT&T that we can still activate the iPhone after the upgrade through iActivator or similar method.

But, I'm wary of applying any update that may prevent an unlocking method that is currently being worked on. The message from the Dev team suggests that downgrading may not work. At this stage, Apple can probably see the direction in which unlock attempts are taking place. This may also have prompted them to install some change to render these attempts useless. Then again, they may just wait for the first phones to be unlocked and put into place their Plan B to prevent unlocking.

Hmmmm...is it worth the minor (though important) security update at this stage? I'm not convinced it's worth throwing away my virgin modded 1.00 iPhone until the dust settles. What do others think?

Green Apple
    Thanks

When I re-jailbreak my phone am I using the old zip or do I make a new one from the update ?

Thanks

^^ i used my old jailbreak and it worked...re-moded my phone again and its back to "normal" images...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluaeon View Post
    ^^ i used my old jailbreak and it worked...re-moded my phone again and its back to "normal" images...
    Thanks I just tried the same thing and I was successful with adding ringtones. Thats all I know how to at the moment going to attempt some movies today and probably some new skins. Wish me luck.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Had an error when I tried to update, so it wanted me to do a restore then update it. you would think Apple would make firmware updates/fixes easier than have to re-sync everything.

edit: jailbreak said it worked but then iphoneinterface didn't, it gave me an error. So i tried running jailbreak again and it gave me an error aswell. I just restored and wondered if its worth tryin again?
    Last edited by v4npro; 08-01-2007 at 11:46 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

my ringtones work fine. everything seems to work :P