+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unjailbreaking the iPhone? (I know how to do it...but will it brick?)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Okay, so I'm gonna unjailbreak my iPhone by restoring it on iTunes, but I wanna know if it will brick? All I have on my iPhone is the Installer application
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unjailbreaking the iPhone? (I know how to do it...but will it brick?)
    Okay, so I'm gonna unjailbreak my iPhone by restoring it on iTunes, but I wanna know if it will brick? All I have on my iPhone is the Installer application (from the jailbreak). So, if I just restore my iPhone on iTunes, it wont brick or anything?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Murfunit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic taco View Post
    Okay, so I'm gonna unjailbreak my iPhone by restoring it on iTunes, but I wanna know if it will brick? All I have on my iPhone is the Installer application (from the jailbreak). So, if I just restore my iPhone on iTunes, it wont brick or anything?
    has the phone ever been UNLOCKED? or has it just been jailbroken?

if it was never unlocked (And you're absolutely sure of this) then updating/restoring the phone will do nothing more than remove any UI mods or applications you've added

If, on the other hand, you have used an unlock on the phone (to enable another carrier) then you'll have to check that the method can withstand a restore before you do anything
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Murfunit View Post

if it was never unlocked (And you're absolutely sure of this) then updating/restoring the phone will do nothing more than remove any UI mods or applications you've added

If, on the other hand, you have used an unlock on the phone (to enable another carrier) then you'll have to check that the method can withstand a restore before you do anything
    I'm absolutely sure I've never attempted to unlock the iPhone. Thanks, I'll restore it in a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Murfunit View Post

Lol, I didn't expect myself to reactivate it...oh well, either way, the method I used to activate my iPhone was to use jailbreak in the first place. xD
    I'll just wait for an update to come out...easier.
    Last edited by chaotic taco; 11-11-2007 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost