Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reward-for-help~major Problem

Thanks

Exclamation Reward-for-help~major Problem

HI, Hoping someone smarter than me can shed some light,,am offering a reward for information to who ever can help me solve a major issue.

PROBLEM;
    Cann't use any icons on screen or move across screen either, tried a few restarts with no luck, connected to pc, itunes nor pc dont see phone what so ever, plugged into charge via main power, phone goes nuts, vibrating every minute or so, does a soft restart now and then,even black and white stripes on screen to top it off. The phone carrier is still there and cant even turn it off. (1.1.1)

HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRICATED as well as a donation to come your way.

Cheers in advance,
    N

I think I remember something to do with this with iSwitcher, do you by chance have iSwitcher?

[QUOTE=nickh;90488]HI, Hoping someone smarter than me can shed some light,,am offering a reward for information to who ever can help me solve a major issue.

Sorry, I CAN help you but; I dont think I am smarter then you so I won't try.
    Good Luck

No just kidding, I read that happening to someone on here before. I belive they were told to turn of the Auto-Lock under settings.

Plug iPhone into you computer.
    Hold the home and power buttons for about 25-30 seconds. it will restart once but just keep holding them, until you see a cable going to a iTunes symbol.

Then you will be in restore mode, you will have to restore via iTunes, but it is your beswt bet as of now.
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Put you phone in to restore mode by holding down the power and home button you'll see the connect to iTunes restore your phone. I know its gonna suck but if you have a backup you can sync everything back.

Btw did you install any new sources in installer?

Do the above and you will have a work iPhone in 20 mins

Lighter

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    HI, Hoping someone smarter than me can shed some light,,am offering a reward for information to who ever can help me solve a major issue.

PROBLEM;
    Cann't use any icons on screen or move across screen either, tried a few restarts with no luck, connected to pc, itunes nor pc dont see phone what so ever, plugged into charge via main power, phone goes nuts, vibrating every minute or so, does a soft restart now and then,even black and white stripes on screen to top it off. The phone carrier is still there and cant even turn it off. (1.1.1)

HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRICATED as well as a donation to come your way.

Cheers in advance,
    N

You could try to force it into recovery mode so you can do a restore.

I don't know how this might affect an unlocked phone, so you may want to do some research if yours is unlocked.

Anyway, connect to iTunes and hold down the power and home keys until the phone shuts down and begins to reboot. When the apple logo is on the screen, let go of the power button but keep holding down the home button. Hopefully iTunes will then recognize your phone and ask you to restore.

Run through the process. This will restore your firmware so you will lose any jailbreaking or unlocking and you will have to go through that again, but id say you were in the right place for that.

Anyway, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I claim no responsibility for any damage that could occur to your phone.

I would try the other suggestions first if possible and consider this a last resort, but if you can't use any of your iPhone functions, it sounds like you might already be there.
    Hope this helps.

Remember though, I said restore mode first =]

And if you use restore mode, you will have to restore.
    And if you phone was unlocked, you will basically just have to go through what ever process you usually use to unlock.

I don't support unlocked phones, so I wouldnt know..
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

Thanks

THANKS ALL WHO HAVE POSTED HELP.

Have tried all suggestions you advised me to do but nothing has changed, have done a reset with phone into pc, holding down both buttons for ever, and i dont get the cable for itunes symbol, just keeps on restarting over and over.

I do have iswithcher installed as someone asked, also quite a few other apps, the problem started when i installed another one, all went down hill from there.

Am going to keep tring to get that itunes cable symbol and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks again, will repost if any luck.

Cheers

Have tried all suggestions you advised me to do but nothing has changed, have done a reset with phone into pc, holding down both buttons for ever, and i dont get the cable for itunes symbol, just keeps on restarting over and over.

I do have iswithcher installed as someone asked, also quite a few other apps, the problem started when i installed another one, all went down hill from there.

Am going to keep tring to get that itunes cable symbol and keep my fingers crossed.

Cheers
    Did this happen after installing High Tymes by any chance?

Thanks

-UPDATE- (YES I am pretty sure it was when i installed High Tymes)

Afetr an hour or so was able to get the connect to itunes symbol to come up on phone, I go to restore, but tells me i have to update the software, i guess to 7.5 as i have 7.4.2. of course i must update (haven't yet) as unabe to restore at moment, question is, is this going to give me a brick??

Cheers

Ok, you tried it with the iphone connected to pc, now try doing the restore mode with the iphone plug to a wall outlet. Read somewhere on here that some1 got it to go into restore mode doing that. Worth a try for you, good luck.

Thanks

Will give that a go, cheers

-UPDATE- (YES I am pretty sure it was when i installed High Tymes)

Afetr an hour or so was able to get the connect to itunes symbol to come up on phone, I go to restore, but tells me i have to update the software, i guess to 7.5 as i have 7.4.2. of course i must update (haven't yet) as unabe to restore at moment, question is, is this going to give me a brick??
    It shouldn't, but don't update your firmware on iphone to 1.1.2. If you need the fw 1.1.1, go to download section here and force iTunes to restore on fw 1.1.1

Thanks

Yep, i tried that no change, just get the screen up again with the icons and will not respond to anything.

how are you holding the buttons to go in restore mode?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vincent6396 View Post
    It shouldn't, but don't update your firmware on iphone to 1.1.2. If you need the fw 1.1.1, go to download section here and force iTunes to restore on fw 1.1.1
    Ok Vincent thanks, i have downloaded the 1.1.1 firmware, how do i force itunes to restore on fw 1.1.1

Ok Vincent thanks, i have downloaded the 1.1.1 firmware, how do i force itunes to restore on fw 1.1.1
    Click on restore in itunes first, if it don't ask you update to 1.1.2 then you good to go, but if it ask you to update to 1.1.2 don't. Try searching in the forums on how to force it to restore on 1.1.1, I think but not sure you have to hold control down while clicking restore and the file 1.1.1. I have to run but if you can't find it, I'll help u out later when I get back.

Thanks

Ok, have worked it out, shift key did the trick, i will let you know how it all goes.

Thanks, and to fatxnub might be in touch soon, Cheers all.

Hi Vincent, I am happy to say i have got phone back to origanal state, i have never unlocked a phone before, so i gave it a bash, treid the pc free simfree method, but i got as far as downloading i think the appsnapp, but every time i reboted, i just go back to the Activate itunes screen, and no icons! i dont have wifi at home so took a drive with a laptop and found 1. What method do you suggest for a download version?

Cheers,
    Last edited by nickh; 11-12-2007 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost