Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: little help with v1.1.1
11-10-2007, 02:50 PM #1little help with v1.1.1
how can i install "greg's installer pack" on v1.1.1? i used apptap. i don't really want to ssh onto my phone, but is that the only way? or can i get it off of safari onto my phone? there aren't any apps in installers normal thing, which sucks. thanks for your help.
11-10-2007, 03:03 PM #2
you need to add iswitcher (more sources) into "installer"
check this link out!
after that check this link out!!
STAY AWAY FROM HIGHTYMES REPOSITORY___hope this helps! / i believe he also has a few in summerboard as well which is found under "utilities"_i think
Last edited by RacerX910; 11-10-2007 at 03:05 PM.
11-10-2007, 03:04 PM #3
1. jailbreakme.com (go here and install it from your iphone). a new icon will be on your iphone called installer. this app lets you install all kinds of other apps.
2. install SummerBoard from installer. (then you can install themes directly from your phone without having to go through any of the trouble listed below). go back into installer and you'll see a category for Themes (SummerBoard). Install away!
3. Now if you still want to move them from your computer to your iphone, see below.
4. install BSD subsystem (from list of apps available from Installer)
5. install OpenSSH. once installed and having access to your wifi get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address.
6. SSH into your phone. ssh -l root 10.x.x.x (use your ip address). if using a mac just use the Terminal app to ssh. if windows, i don't know find a terminal type app to command line to use ssh.
7. Use password "dottie" or "alpine" when asked after ssh'ing into your phone.
8. get a SFTP program to transfer files to your iphone from your computer. server will be your IP address of your iphone, user = root, password = dottie or alpine.
9. Summerboard themes are in Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.
11-10-2007, 03:13 PM #4
awesome! thanks so much. now i checked out the list of all the rogue installer sources, and it doesn't really have the apps that i want to install. will i be able to use the same method to add a link to gregs installer pack (or likewise)?
11-10-2007, 03:25 PM #5
greg's installer pack is in "iswitcher"/ ex.. if you add iswitcher to your sources, then quit installer, open back up, under "install" will be a new listing for "Iswitcher", greg's mod pak is here. he has about 15 different themes at this location-just install the other theme paks- this is his themes and there is also three in "summerboard"