Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Considering purchasing iPhone. Some questions beofre though...

Default Considering purchasing iPhone. Some questions beofre though...
    Currently Im with Tmobile USA. I work for tmobile, so I get a discount I'd like to keep, so I cant really switch to ATT just for this phone, plus im looking to sell my current phone or trade for an iPhone. Though I have some questions so I know what I'll be expecting.

1. The iPhone is unlockable, I know this, but is there only certain firmware versions that are unlockable?

1a. If so, what versions should I be shopping for?

2. Is Apple REQUIRING updates yet?

3. Can it be unlocked by myself, or does it have to be done by a "company"?

4. Do you forsee any tmobile US problems for a iPhone if I get one?

Im new here, im trying to learn all I can, so if this is covered 30 million times please excuse me, my searched reveal nothing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (11-10-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    Hey everyone, its apparent we have a comedian on the forum.

Obviously I've been searching, reading the wiki, and exploring the forum, if I hadn't I wouldn't of posted THIS thread. I know how to use forums VERY well, and in fact, over on A developers I've made a massively viewed newbie thread for Tmobile Wings as well as started some developing of OS's for the wing.

So please, don't be so ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerC161 View Post
    Currently Im with Tmobile USA. I work for tmobile, so I get a discount I'd like to keep, so I cant really switch to ATT just for this phone, plus im looking to sell my current phone or trade for an iPhone. Though I have some questions so I know what I'll be expecting.

1. The iPhone is unlockable, I know this, but is there only certain firmware versions that are unlockable?

1a. If so, what versions should I be shopping for?

2. Is Apple REQUIRING updates yet?

3. Can it be unlocked by myself, or does it have to be done by a "company"?

4. Do you forsee any tmobile US problems for a iPhone if I get one?

Im new here, im trying to learn all I can, so if this is covered 30 million times please excuse me, my searched reveal nothing.
    firmware 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 answers 1 and 1a

no update require, update id you want new features but it would lock phone again answers 2

You can do it if you comfortable but keep reading everything over and over until you get it answers 3

no4 go here
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38

I appreciate your reply.

I was actually misunderstood, from what I read about "jailbreak" I thought it was a term for letting you install 3rd party apps, not the unlock term. I found the guide for 1.1.1, and Im sure I could do it..

As I said, im a big time WM6 user, and I've even started building my own WM6 OS's based off several different WM6 phones, combining all the best items for my Wing. This stuff seems WAY more newbie friendly then the microsoft OS..

Especially after seeing a guide to do something (forgot the feature) and all you mainly have to do is visit a website. The whole automation process that iPhones can take is amazing, theres no way I could automate the reflash of a WM6 OS, instead I have to make 20 step newbie guides in great detail!!! lol

Thanks guys!