Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
General iPhone Chatforums, a part of the
I've got a few basic questions about the iPhone. 1. On Gmail, is there a way to make it so that the little mail icon at the bottom of the...
11-10-2007, 02:10 PM #1Just bought an iPhone, got a few questions
I've got a few basic questions about the iPhone.
1. On Gmail, is there a way to make it so that the little mail icon at the bottom of the home screen only shows my unread emails? Not just the ones in my inbox?
2. Is there a way to make it so Gmail doesn't send me a copy of every message I send from my iPhone?
3. Sometimes my calls are just failing randomly. I jailbroke my iPhone, could this have affected it?
11-10-2007, 02:12 PM #2
1, Im not sure?
2, Set up IMAP access instead of POP, try googling google imap on iphone and theres a guide for it.
3, Ensure your signals ok? Ive only had 2 calls fail, where the signals gone on me
11-10-2007, 02:17 PM #3
1. If you open the e-mail not just view it in the inbox.
2. Set up IMAP access instead of POP? not sure but I"m going to try now
3. Check your signal.I never lost a call
11-10-2007, 02:25 PM #4
For #2, go to Settings>Mail, and then turn "Always BBC Myself" OFF
11-10-2007, 03:12 PM #5
oohh my bad, when i re-read your question 2, i saw that you meant emails you were sending out. Use ajls method for that
11-10-2007, 04:15 PM #6
Ajl's method fixed it. For the call I guess it was just bad reception, and for the inbox thing I think I just have to click on the email once to make the iPhone assume its read. Theres no way to mark all the emails as read is there?