Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please HELP

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Please HELP
    I downloaded a skin for my iphone and after that it froze. I kept seeing the "iphon - hourglass" and from time to time it would refresh and freeze again from what I 've read that file must have damaged my springboard. So all the suggestions I read were to restore my iphone. The thing is I had an unlocked version of the iphone.

I restored it, and now its telling me to activate it. I tried ibrickr but I finally realized that was not the way to go. To virginize my phone I would need to have it actually working which is not the case.

I dont know what to do.

Please help me.

It would be easier if you post the firmware version you running and what software of unlock did you use.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have 1.0.2 and I tunes 7.3.2 - I bought my phone unlocked so I have no idea

to virginize and unlock using 1.0.2 using this link

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8969

To upgrade to 1.1.1, you need to virginize the iphone then use iTunes to upgrade to 1.1.1 then follow these steps to jailbreak, activate and unlock

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12427
    Last edited by vincent6396; 11-10-2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vincent6396 For This Useful Post:

lu_carneiro (11-15-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Thank You
    I finally managed to solve it using ibrickr... I jailbreaked the phone and it is working fine now.. I am sad that I lost everything I had on my phone. Guess I gotta learn to back up everything