Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: most disappointed buyer of Iphone

Default most disappointed buyer of Iphone
    Hi guys! I think i am the most dissapointed buyer of Iphone. After all those sucking time with windows mobile 5 and 6 I thought this could be my new toy, my new helper in the casual life. I live in EU so i had to order it from the states, and i remember the day it arrived to me, i was completely surprised to get one. After a week - when i cooled down:-) - i ve realized, that this is nothing about than a marketing play of apple...nothing more yet..:-( In my whole life in Eu im always hearing about apple stuff are mauch more better than "the others". So what can i do with this "phone"?:
    - can use as phone
    - can use as an alarm
    - can view webpages (have to tell you its really great)
    - can play sounds, take and view photographs
    ..and lets be honest it is beautiful..it is a diamond...BUT: this can be happen that i cant find (or there is no) a simple, normal useful program, like:
    - simple calendar!
    - simple working to-do list
    - some normal game, not like the ones from ages before, when i had an atari..lol! (card games? where are they)
    - a simple database program, like excel? is it real??? noooooo

And please dont say i can find "ONLINE" versions of them. For what the hell i want an online version for my phone? When i go to holiday for example where there is no wifi connection what will i do whit this phone? searching all the day long throught my contact list or what? When i am in a range of wifi connection (most of my time) i will use my laptop as anybody else will....so please tell me....there will be any offline application development for this "toy?" or should i go back in future and resurrect my mitac mio pda and use...:-(

thank you

bye

T

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

well aside from a calendar which the iPhone already has you can fineost of the things you mentioned here!

Welcome to the forums and have fun unlocking the true potential of your iPhone
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

By far the wrong thread for this post... And everything mentioned has been cried about so like 4 months ago. Just mod it out completely and some of your thoughts WILL change, as did mine.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

iPhone? More like MyPhone rugbrn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmano View Post
    Hi guys! I think i am the most dissapointed buyer of Iphone. After all those sucking time with windows mobile 5 and 6 I thought this could be my new toy, my new helper in the casual life. I live in EU so i had to order it from the states, and i remember the day it arrived to me, i was completely surprised to get one. After a week - when i cooled down:-) - i ve realized, that this is nothing about than a marketing play of apple...nothing more yet..:-( In my whole life in Eu im always hearing about apple stuff are mauch more better than "the others". So what can i do with this "phone"?:
    - can use as phone
    - can use as an alarm
    - can view webpages (have to tell you its really great)
    - can play sounds, take and view photographs
    ..and lets be honest it is beautiful..it is a diamond...BUT: this can be happen that i cant find (or there is no) a simple, normal useful program, like:
    - simple calendar!
    - simple working to-do list
    - some normal game, not like the ones from ages before, when i had an atari..lol! (card games? where are they)
    - a simple database program, like excel? is it real??? noooooo

And please dont say i can find "ONLINE" versions of them. For what the hell i want an online version for my phone? When i go to holiday for example where there is no wifi connection what will i do whit this phone? searching all the day long throught my contact list or what? When i am in a range of wifi connection (most of my time) i will use my laptop as anybody else will....so please tell me....there will be any offline application development for this "toy?" or should i go back in future and resurrect my mitac mio pda and use...:-(

thank you

bye

T

this is beyond the wrong thread to be posting this in, I think windows.com has somewhere for this post...

have you been under a rock? all of the abilities of the iPhone have been out since, well, before the iPhone itself was out. you shouldn't have bought it if you wanted these things.

Additionally, you can view spreadsheets, just not edit.
    Games, read this site you might find some you like.
    Calendar, look at the screen of your iPhone, i think it comes stock...
    To-Do list, again read this site.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

If you're really that unhappy, I'll take the iPhone off your hand and give you a little money for it.