Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Repair Needed: iPhone cannot make or receive calls

Default Repair Needed: iPhone cannot make or receive calls
    There was a thread about this a while back. Today I unlocked an iPhone (about my 417th) and after running anysim i got the above error. I tried restoring to 1.1.1 and no luck, all I get is the itunes cable icon, if I try and downgrade to 1.0.2 I get it installed, but then I can't jailbreak it or activate it because iTunes won't bootstrap, it gives me some error about this iphone can't be used with itunes because there is no sim installed (there is though) so iNdependenc give me an error after trying to activate that the phone doesnt have a CCID or whatever. I've tried everything... please help. PS: I'm the guy that created the "Uber Easy 1.1.1 unlock sticky"

thanks for all the help....................not. anyways, heres how to fix it (I didn't write this) and BTW, as far as I can tell you need Windows (iBrickr) to do this:

Connect the iPhone to iBrickr and follow the initial instructions. Your screen will flash RED. You will receive two options - reboot, and what you are interested in restore. Follow the simple instructions and the iPhone will go to the firmware 1.0.2. When you downgrade it will end in an error (a la “Could not restore iPhone Unknown Error [some number]). This is only because iTunes couldn’t restore or find your baseband. Don’t worry about that. Follow the instructions using iBrickr to jailbreak your phone after that. It’s simple and painless and if you got yourself into a situation like this you probably don’t need me telling you how to do this.
    Once your iPhone is fully downgraded you will get an activation screen that says the iPhone is in need of repair. Make sure your iTunes is closed and with iBrickr upload “lockdownd” to usr/libexec. This will do a faux activation on your iPhone so it doesn’t give you the normal activate by connecting to iTunes screen on your next reboot.
    Using iBrickr click “Applications.” Install PXL by following Nate True’s instructions. Once thats done browse the available applications that are available and install these 2 programs in this order: BSD Subsystem, and the Mobile Terminal. Give each application about a minute after you click install to finish up.
    Now if you reboot your iPhone you will see a regular iPhone’s home screen with all the standards Apple icons plus Mobile Terminal. Using mobile terminal you are going to do some file handywork and fix your broken iPhone.
    We need to use iBrickr one more time before the big show. Upload the following files to your usr/bin directory:
    ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    ieraser
    secpack
    Once these files have been uploaded use your iPhone’s terminal. We need to stop the process which is trying to use your baseband. This file is called “com.apple.CommCenter.pist” and is location at /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter. It’s usually quite simple to stop the process but a lot of people have trouble doing it. I will go over the normal way to do it and if you can’t get it using that method try one of my alternatives. Using terminal type these commands verbatum:
    cd /
    cd System
    cd Library
    cd LaunchDaemons
    now that you are in the correct directory type this:launchctl unload com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    If all goes well it will think for a split second and then you will get no errors (and no confirmation!). Terminal just gives you a command prompt like normal again. Lots of people get the error “No Such Process.” if this happens type:
    rm com.apple.CommCenter.plist to delete it. Don’t worry that you are deleting it because you can download it here so once this is all done you can reupload it using iBrickr. Also if you deleted com.apple.CommCenter.plist REBOOT YOUR PHONE NOW. Sometimes it takes quite a while to reboot. It’s my guess that the iPhone OS is looking around for the file. Just sit tight and it will return to it’s normal screen eventually.
    Once you are done sorting out how to kill the com.apple.CommCenter.plist problem navigate to your /usr/bin directory. You can type this into your terminal: cd /usr/bin
    Type chmod 0755 * (this will set up the correct permissions for the files you are about to access).
    Also, type this: chmod +x ieraser & : chmod +x bbupdater
    Now type this: ./bbupdater -v to find out what firmware you are running. If your iPhone was messed up in the same way mine was it will ping the baseband for a while and either return nothing or end on “issuing +xgendata.” This is fine. Also if you receive the error telling you comm center is in use this is because you didn’t correctly kill the plist mentioned above so keep trying it until it works!
    Execute the following to erase your baseband: ./ieraser. This will completely erase what is left on your baseband. We’re almost done.
    Execute the following to reflash your baseband: ./bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls. A lot of people on the IRC Channels claim that this won’t work for a stock 1.1.1 iPhone. It will. Let the process run all the way through. If you get an error check that the secpack doesn’t have a hidden extension of ‘.bin’ at the end. This will cause it to fail.
    Type: ./bbupdater -v and if everything is right it will ping your firmware and return your version as 3.14.08. You did it!
    Finally - let’s not forget about our friend com.apple.CommCenter.plist. Copy the file back to the /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ using iBrickr.
    Reboot. Your wifi works… Your sound now works… Your vibration now works… Nice Going.
    Final Step: You now have a factory fresh 1.0.2 iPhone. To make your iPhone completely factory fresh you should probably update it to 1.1.1. From there you can follow one of the many simple tutorials online to try to unlock it again.
    Last edited by jacobzking; 11-08-2007 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ive done that before, no dice on the wifi, i could get the rest of the phone to work. RIght now im having the same problem, but im pretty sure the phone is toast, ibrickr cant even get programs onto the phone.. ugggg

Great tutorial thank you very much for this

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Hmm
    I trued this on my iphone, since you don't provide files it's hard to know if we have the right ones, anyway, it all wet through without error but still no wifi, still corrupt IMEI, what the hell is wrong? I have done this process several times now and I just can't get it to work :'(

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This problem "can" be repaired A friend of mine called me 2 days ago and said my phone is broken. He brought it over to me and when i turned it on it was at the activation screen and a few seconds later the dreaded "Repair needed iphone cannot make or receive calls" He had unlocked with the Old version of AnySim and he was on firmware 1.0.2 all he did was upgrade to 1.1.1 and then it happened. This phone's baseband was totally blank no wi-fi, no ICCID,no imei and bluetooth showed all 00000000000000's I told him he was screwed!!!!!. and since he had never activated with AT&T he could not return for warranty. So for 2 days I have worked on this phone And I got it repaired working fully unlocked 1.1.1. I used several tutorials. Here is what i did in a nut shell. 1.
    connect to itunes and update to 1.1.2 (yes 1.1.2) this will flash the baseband and give you back all the missing stuff. 2. Downgrade back to 1.0.2 your baseband will stay at 04.02.13_G 3. Downgrade the baseband to 03.14.08_G and then revirginize it using term vt100 (terminal) 4. Upgrade back to 1.1.1 jailbreak run ANYsim 1.1 and your done the phone is now fixed THIS DOES WORK IF DONE RIGHT I DID IT MYSELF NO NEED TO SEND TO APPLE FOR REPAIR OR PAY SOMEONE YOU CAN DO IT FOR FREE email me at [email protected] and i will give you the correct pages to go to and tell you what apps you need to install through installer and how to run them as best as i can. and what commands are needed in terminal

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thegraveworm For This Useful Post:

The Daily Mac (01-25-2008), vishaliphone (02-02-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by thegraveworm View Post
    This problem "can" be repaired A friend of mine called me 2 days ago and said my phone is broken. He brought it over to me and when i turned it on it was at the activation screen and a few seconds later the dreaded "Repair needed iphone cannot make or receive calls" He had unlocked with the Old version of AnySim and he was on firmware 1.0.2 all he did was upgrade to 1.1.1 and then it happened. This phone's baseband was totally blank no wi-fi, no ICCID,no imei and bluetooth showed all 00000000000000's I told him he was screwed!!!!!. and since he had never activated with AT&T he could not return for warranty. So for 2 days I have worked on this phone And I got it repaired working fully unlocked 1.1.1. I used several tutorials. Here is what i did in a nut shell. 1.
    connect to itunes and update to 1.1.2 (yes 1.1.2) this will flash the baseband and give you back all the missing stuff. 2. Downgrade back to 1.0.2 your baseband will stay at 04.02.13_G 3. Downgrade the baseband to 03.14.08_G and then revirginize it using term vt100 (terminal) 4. Upgrade back to 1.1.1 jailbreak run ANYsim 1.1 and your done the phone is now fixed THIS DOES WORK IF DONE RIGHT I DID IT MYSELF NO NEED TO SEND TO APPLE FOR REPAIR OR PAY SOMEONE YOU CAN DO IT FOR FREE email me at [email protected] and i will give you the correct pages to go to and tell you what apps you need to install through installer and how to run them as best as i can. and what commands are needed in terminal
    thegraveworm,

I did as u said, when I restored my 1.02 to 1.1.2, I still got an unknown IMEI and need repair error, so it seems that the baseband or firmware was no flashed as I got at the end an itunes 1012 error

Will that method work now since the 1.1.3 is out? ALso my phone was orginally 1.1.2

Have you upgraded to 1.1.3?

My Iphone seems ulimatly bricked.....I updated to 1.1.3 to try to resotre my missing baseband...<its 1.1.2 OTB> and it didn't work...and now i need to find out how to restore the WIFI at least....

facing same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern Orion Cobriana View Post
    My Iphone seems ulimatly bricked.....I updated to 1.1.3 to try to resotre my missing baseband...<its 1.1.2 OTB> and it didn't work...and now i need to find out how to restore the WIFI at least....
    have u tried this method-
    http://thedailymac.com/how-to-fix-re...on-the-iphone/

hope this will work

hi,
    some how i manged to solve this issue today,below is the trick or my hardwork of last 2days.
    1)my iphone bricked during new software geounlock,gunlock.
    2)was showing cannot make or recive call repair neede

steps

1)used iTunes7.5
    2)Restored to 1.1.1 with DFU mode
    3)Upgraded to 1.1.2 with DFU Mode
    3)Again restore 3times with 1.1.1 DFU mode
    4)Upgrdaed 1.1.3 with DFU mode(this will solve your repair issue)
    5)again restore you iphone twice with 1.1.1 DFU..Now your fone is ready to work with Wifi,Bluetooth etc..

If above step is not working please please keep restoring your iphone between 1.1.1 and 1.1.3

The error you basically get is 1011(No wifi repair needed).

PM me if you need more help..

Now ineed help since my iphone 4.6 bootloader do i have to do anyvirgnise to unlock my iphone with Turbo sim?am running 1.1.2 firmware + 4.13.baseband..please help me

THanks

i had the same problem this morning and i just used the ziphone refurbish feature and then i just restored in itunes...worked for me everything is a-okay.... make calls again use internet wifi, edge, google maps, etc. all apps there

Quote Originally Posted by b16hatch94 View Post
    i had the same problem this morning and i just used the ziphone refurbish feature and then i just restored in itunes...worked for me everything is a-okay.... make calls again use internet wifi, edge, google maps, etc. all apps there
    how do you use refhurbish if its not implemented. please explain help us

Default HI
    On what version did you use Ziphone..it keeps telling me "Process failed'...this is driving me crazy!!!!

I got the same thing today on my Ziphone ulnocked 114. I restarted and I didnot see that message agaın. But I get the SIM is locked messeage every hour or so andI have to unlock. This is very annoyıng

Is there was to dıagnose the problem? What does the refurbısh do on Ziphone?

AVOID ALL THAT ******** UP THERE...

I... LIKE THE REST OF YOU JACKASSES... UPGRADED TO 2.0... AND AFTER NUMEROUS ATTEMPTS TO DOWNGRADE OR EVEN CRACK./JAILBREAK/UNLOCK OR W/E U WNA CALL IT TO THE NEW 2.0 AND NOTHING WORKED AT ALL....

THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO IF YUR IN THE SAME SITUATION I WAS... IS TO DOWNLOAD ITUNES 7.5 AND THE FIRMWARE VERSION 1.1.4... START THE RESTORE... DOWNLOAD THE "PATCHED" VERSION OF ZIPHONE FROM GOOGLE... DOWNLOAD ZIPHONE 3.0 OFF OF ZIPHONE.ORG...

AFTER FIRST RESTORE IS FINISHED AND IT GOES BACK INTO NORMAL MODE WHERE U CAN MAKE EMERGENCY CALLS/ETC [P.S. IF YOU GET AN ERROR MESSAGE DURING THE INSTALLATION OF THE FIRMWARE DURING RESTORATION ITS OK], OPEN UP ZIPHONE 3.0 AND RUN THE "DO IT ALL" SELECTION... AFTER THAT COMPLETES, CHECK ALL BOXES [DEBUG, IERASE, AND DOWNGRADE] OF THE PATCHED ZIPHONE PROGRAM AND THEN CLICK START... ITLL GO THRU AND ERASE YUR UPGRADED BASEBAND FROM THE 2.0 PATCH AND ALLOW FOR YOUR NEXT RESTORE TO GO THRU WITHOUT AN ERROR AND THIS WILL ALLOW THE FIRMWARE OF THE 1.1.4 TO INSTALL PROPERLY AND IT WILL IN RETURN ALSO ALLOW THE BASEBAND ISSUE TO BE RESOLVED... SO ONCE AGAIN ONCE THE PATCHED VERSION OF THE ZIPHONE PROGRAM COMPLETES YOU WANT TO START ANOTHER RESTORE ON YOUR IPHONE/ITOUCH HOWEVER MAKE SURE THAT BEFORE YOU START THE LAST RESTORE THAT YOUR IPHONE/ITOUCH IS IN DFU MODE... YOU CAN USE THE ORIGINAL ZIPHONE 3.0 PROGRAM TO SET THE PHONE INTO DFU MODE IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO IT BY NOW... ITS UNDER THE ADVANCED TAB OF THE PROGRAM...

FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS

[email protected]

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT... ITS A COMBINATION OF A COUPLE METHODS I TRIED BUT IT WORKED JUST FINE...

yur welcome = ]
    Last edited by thrice11; 07-19-2008 at 06:02 PM.