+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EDGE will not turn off! Gathering unwanted data $$$$

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi I am unlocked in New Zealand on the Vodafone network running 1.0.2 and keep getting data charges when I am not even using anything to do with EDGE! The
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default EDGE will not turn off! Gathering unwanted data $$$$
    Hi I am unlocked in New Zealand on the Vodafone network running 1.0.2 and keep getting data charges when I am not even using anything to do with EDGE!

The phone must be auto checking and updating even when in sleep and I do not want it too.

I have tried using Services.app to disable EDGE, tried changing the text within the APN/Network settings, tried removing completely all info (APN,Username and Password) but the charges keep going up.

Initially safari warns 'EDGE can not be activated" once I do one of the above - but then a few hours later it uses it fine, even when there are no settings.

Has any one got any suggestions what so ever? Any thoughts on this annoyance? It is only $60 but enough to piss me off when i do not use EDGE what so ever!!

SO I am assuming no body has come across this?

No suggestions?
    Last edited by dane.pablecheque; 11-08-2007 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost