Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS keyboard idea

Default SMS keyboard idea
    Is there anyway to mod the SMS keyboard so you can have it horizontal like you can in Safari?

Its annoying to have to type without it like that.

. .
    Last edited by Madcatz7; 11-08-2007 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Madcatz7 For This Useful Post:

dale1v (11-08-2007)

You must not do much texting / note writing / emailing because because I think everyone can agree it is much harder to write in landscape mode.

Or is that just me?

Different strokes for different folk I guess. I acutally type faster in landscape mode.

Quote Originally Posted by slezak12 View Post
    You must not do much texting / note writing / emailing because because I think everyone can agree it is much harder to write in landscape mode.

Or is that just me?
    It's just you. The keys are more spread apart in landscape mode, so you make less mistakes.

AND, it isn't possible. Would encourage too much work. Hackers have steered away from this idea...Sorry.

Reako

Quote Originally Posted by slezak12 View Post

Or is that just me?
    Just you, or at the very least, not everyone.

Maybe it's harder to type with one hand in landscape mode, true, but I prefer two handed landscape.

I would love to have landscape mode in ALL applications that use the keyboard.

I agree. It is much easier for me to type with the landscape keyboard.

that was one of the first things I thought the iPhoen should havE!! its sooooo much easier to type and the keyboard it bigger!

I can type fast in either one. I think people need to stop thinking about making mistakes because the auto correction works great for me! I can text extremely fast with no problem and it's easy to hold the phone with one hand and type with your thumb. For example when you're driving or need your other hand. (I don't suggest texting while driving for obvious reasons though.) Any other time I use my index finger to type.

Would be a great feature but doubt they will implement it.. Don't see why they don't though. I'm not a programmer but you would thing it would be pretty easy for Apple to get this working since they already do it in Safari.