Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Accelerometer not working!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Accelerometer not working!!!
    Hey everybody, I have been looking at some threads and none of them seem to have answered my problem.

I'm having problems with my accelerometer. It doesn't seem like it works for most of my apps. I know that it doesn't seem like its a hardware problem as Raging Thunder and Pocket Touch seems to work.... I was just wondering if there is anyone that can help me solve this problem without me restoring my iPhone.

I have tested my Accelerometer with the Sensor app, and it seems like my x and y are working, but my z isnt... I hope that is normal...

anyone?
    Last edited by Taniban; 05-07-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well does Raging Thunder or Pocket Touch use the z? (I honestly don't know) It sounds to me like a hardware issue, unfortunately. It shouldn't just stop working because of an OS thing.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yeah I havent a clue at all about the Pocket Touch or the Raging Racer game. So anyone on that question?

Also, I have dropped my iPhone a couple of times before (Dropped on carpet) so it might be a hardware problem.

This problem has been there for some time now, a couple of months ago it happened but then somehow, it starts working again. This is like the 5th time the problem has happened to me.

Try a DFU restore...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Wouldnt I lose my apps and settings though?

Unfortunately, yeah. But I'd do it if I were you... having no z doesn't sound like fun.

I have this problem too. Apps like Safari, and Photo Album appear to default to landscape mode.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thank god!! Finally there is someone that has my problem too. I think I will have to restore my iPhone, but only when firmware 2.0 is out. Hopefully somehow it will be fixed randomly like last time.

LOL!!! Okay, have fun wihtout a Z till June :P

I had the same exact problem. My phone used to be jailbroken as well but I didn't bother yet in 2.2. All Apple apps would ignore the accelerometer but installed apps from the App Store such as iLevel worked fine! It had been going for a couple of days and just when I was about to reset and take to Apple, it fixed itself this AM!

All I did was turn the phone off and plug it into my MacBook Pro. iTunes kicked out some kind of error so I unplugged and replugged and after sync it works..! I'll let you know if this "sticks" or not... I am somewhat skeptical.