Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hi everyone just a quick question

Default Hi everyone just a quick question
    I have a jailbroken 1.1.1 iphone, I'm going uninstall the few apps I've added and do a restore so I can be ready for the 1.1.2 update coming out soon. I was just wondering if I would have any problems when the update comes out (ex: Bricking or something like that) even after I've uninstalled everything and did the restore. I'm not too sure if I would have a problem but maybe someone out there might know something that I don't. Thanks everyone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Cancun, Mexico

There is no way to tell yet, because it's not out yet. Just wait for it to be released and check here again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chancre_scolex's Avatar
    Rhode Island

You dont need to uninstall everything to do a restore. Just go to itunes and hit restore.

But keep in mind it may be a few weeks before 1.1.2 is jailbroken.
    I've got two states of mind, stoned and asleep

Default Cool.
    Cool, Thanks. Hey Chancre Scolex, tight logo. Wu-Bangers in the house.
    I'm going to just wait and see what happens, I enjoy my jailbroke iphone, but if its between having a plain factory style iphone untill offical 3rd party apps come out or having a jailbroken phone that might crash and can't be fixed i think i'd rather just stay in a virgin state for a while. Big up to all the hackers out there, keep doing your thing, but be careful I'd hate for anyone who spent $400 on their phone to have it bricked and the tyrants over there at Apple to dictate if they want to fix or replace the phone or not.