Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Given your time again......

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Given your time again......
    Hi all, the iPhone comes out in the UK on Friday. I was going to get one but reading this forum and especially the Things you don't like about your iphone thread http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426 I'm having second thoughts

My questions is, would you if you had your time again wait for the 2nd gen or still purchase the 1st gen you have? Be honest now as its an 18 month contract i'll be signing up for and unless I "lose" my phone and claim on the insurance i'm stuck with 1st gen.
    Thx

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

ok so if u have time I would wait for the sec gen and see how it looks like or does.
     Think Different

I would have still bought this iPhone. When the second gen is released, I would probably get that one too and pass this one on to someone.
    I did the same with iPods. I owned every generation iPod form day 1. When a new one came out, I gave the old one away. That's the way it goes with electronics these days, if you have the addiction for the "latest and greatest."

Quote Originally Posted by pmas View Post
    I would have still bought this iPhone. When the second gen is released, I would probably get that one too and pass this one on to someone.
    I did the same with iPods. I owned every generation iPod form day 1. When a new one came out, I gave the old one away. That's the way it goes with electronics these days, if you have the addiction for the "latest and greatest."
    Second that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tommeh View Post
    Second that.
    So the lack of certain normal standard phone features hasn't spoiled the experience to the point you regret buying it? Hmm I was thinking of waiting, now I'm right back in not knowing. Bugger
    "They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
    The late, great Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_Klinck View Post
    So the lack of certain normal standard phone features hasn't spoiled the experience to the point you regret buying it? Hmm I was thinking of waiting, now I'm right back in not knowing. Bugger
    Well, the phone features are matching my standards. I had a Nokia N73 and a HTC P3300 before the Iphone and I prefer the Iphone. The HTC's phone features we're way worse and the N73 was way too slow.

What's also a point is when you wait for a second gen, the third gen will be coming after that one, and then the fourth, and so on.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tommeh View Post
    Well, the phone features are matching my standards. I had a Nokia N73 and a HTC P3300 before the Iphone and I prefer the Iphone. The HTC's phone features we're way worse and the N73 was way too slow.

What's also a point is when you wait for a second gen, the third gen will be coming after that one, and then the fourth, and so on.
    That is the thing isn't it. Perhaps i shouldn't have read the " Things you don't like about your iPhone" thread. There is always an upgrade around the corner. When you buy something its 'old hat' within months, if not weeks. I'm going to have to go and play with one in the Apple Store and see what i think. Knowing me and Apple products though i'll be leaving a couple of hundred pounds poorer.
    "They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
    The late, great Bill Hicks