Results 1 to 7 of 7

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Given your time again......

  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Given your time again......
    Hi all, the iPhone comes out in the UK on Friday. I was going to get one but reading this forum and especially the Things you don't like about your iphone thread http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426 I'm having second thoughts

    My questions is, would you if you had your time again wait for the 2nd gen or still purchase the 1st gen you have? Be honest now as its an 18 month contract i'll be signing up for and unless I "lose" my phone and claim on the insurance i'm stuck with 1st gen.
    Thx

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Welcome to Jamrock
    Posts
    1,337
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 62 Times in 61 Posts

    ok so if u have time I would wait for the sec gen and see how it looks like or does.
     Think Different

  3. #3
    I would have still bought this iPhone. When the second gen is released, I would probably get that one too and pass this one on to someone.
    I did the same with iPods. I owned every generation iPod form day 1. When a new one came out, I gave the old one away. That's the way it goes with electronics these days, if you have the addiction for the "latest and greatest."

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by pmas View Post
    I would have still bought this iPhone. When the second gen is released, I would probably get that one too and pass this one on to someone.
    I did the same with iPods. I owned every generation iPod form day 1. When a new one came out, I gave the old one away. That's the way it goes with electronics these days, if you have the addiction for the "latest and greatest."
    Second that.

  5. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommeh View Post
    Second that.
    So the lack of certain normal standard phone features hasn't spoiled the experience to the point you regret buying it? Hmm I was thinking of waiting, now I'm right back in not knowing. Bugger
    "They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
    The late, great Bill Hicks

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_Klinck View Post
    So the lack of certain normal standard phone features hasn't spoiled the experience to the point you regret buying it? Hmm I was thinking of waiting, now I'm right back in not knowing. Bugger
    Well, the phone features are matching my standards. I had a Nokia N73 and a HTC P3300 before the Iphone and I prefer the Iphone. The HTC's phone features we're way worse and the N73 was way too slow.

    What's also a point is when you wait for a second gen, the third gen will be coming after that one, and then the fourth, and so on.

  7. #7
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommeh View Post
    Well, the phone features are matching my standards. I had a Nokia N73 and a HTC P3300 before the Iphone and I prefer the Iphone. The HTC's phone features we're way worse and the N73 was way too slow.

    What's also a point is when you wait for a second gen, the third gen will be coming after that one, and then the fourth, and so on.
    That is the thing isn't it. Perhaps i shouldn't have read the " Things you don't like about your iPhone" thread. There is always an upgrade around the corner. When you buy something its 'old hat' within months, if not weeks. I'm going to have to go and play with one in the Apple Store and see what i think. Knowing me and Apple products though i'll be leaving a couple of hundred pounds poorer.
    "They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
    The late, great Bill Hicks

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •