Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can someone help me...

Default can someone help me...
    im totally new to this, and i want to upgrade to v1.1.1 from v1.0.2...some guy wants to charge me like 70 bucks to do it for me. I would rather learn myself. Can someone help...i know this might be a dumb question to most of you but im really new to this and been lookin around on this forum. thanks in advance...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

70 bucks? Well, that is better than $70

Have you Unlocked or Modded your iPhone?

If not & your an AT&T customer, How did you ever activate your iPhone? You should be able to do the same process by hooking up your iPhone to your computer & let iTunes detect your iPhone. Once detected it should give you a popup of some sort asking if you want to upgrade. If not, in iTunes you should be able to go to the Help Menu > Check for Updates.

If you have Unlocked or Modded your iPhone you will loose everything you or someone else has done on your iPhone. There are plenty of Guides here on the Forum to help you if you want to keep your Mods/Unocked iPhone. If you are not too savvy, you PROBABLY SHOULD STAY at 1.0.2 for now -- as you are not missing anything all that great -- until you totally understand how to mod and unlock your iFone.

However, if your an AT&T customer & do not care about your Mod's & still want to upgrade, go ahead and hook up to iTunes & upgrade. Then check out the Guides here to get your Mod's back.