+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 7.5 No option of "Restore" folder

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've succeeded in making it all the way through the instructions to virginize my iPhone, but I'm hung up on the last step. The guide says: "When iTunes asks you
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iTunes 7.5 No option of "Restore" folder
    I've succeeded in making it all the way through the instructions to virginize my iPhone, but I'm hung up on the last step. The guide says:

"When iTunes asks you what file you would like to restore from...."

However, iTunes is NOT asking me what file I want to restore from. I'm not sure if this is new to iTunes 7.5 or what. When I first click "Restore" a window pops up, which says:

"Are you sure you want to restore..." (I've attached a screen cap)

I clicked "Restore and Update," which lead me to the next window. That window seems to specify that the update will be 1.1.1. I've also attached a screen cap of that.

Does anyone know if it's ok to go ahead and proceed with that, or is there an alternate route I should try instead?

Any advice would be much, much, much appreciated...

Thanks!

-Jason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iTunes 7.5 No option of "Restore" folder-picture-1.png   iTunes 7.5 No option of "Restore" folder-picture-2.png  

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You should first restore. Then update. Dont click the restore @ update button just to be safe. To restore to 1.0.2(Assuming thats what you have). Hold down shift(windows) or option(mac) and click restore. Then choose what file you want to restore with. Choose the 1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw file and then click on it. After it is restored, then click update.

Note: I havent done this on itunes 7.5 only on the previous ones, so I not sure if it will still work the same way.

Heres the restore file, save it to downloads. So when you do the shift or option restore you'll be able to locate it quicker. http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....8_Restore.ipsw

Jordan
    Last edited by jrdan24; 11-06-2007 at 08:42 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Update: I am an idiot
    I just realized that I needed to hold down "Option" as I clicked "Restore."

Sorry for being an idiot.

-J

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Was it able to restore and update to 1.1.1?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Update
    Thanks Jordan...

I restored using the method you mentioned (and the file). Everything seemed fine. Then I clicked on "Update" so I could move to 1.1.1, and when it finished the process, it gave me an error message saying it couldn't update.

I'm trying again now and will post and update shortly.

-J

I was a bit worried at first, because things weren't going so smoothly. However, I restarted my computer and ran through everything again (first the restore to the 1.0.2 firmware -- then the restore and update to 1.1.1).

Things appear to be working perfectly now. I'll let you know if anything changes.

-J

P.S. Thanks again for the help!
    P.P.S. Again, I'm running iTunes 7.5 (on Leopard)
    Last edited by jasone6; 11-06-2007 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost