Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Returning iPhone Problems

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Returning iPhone Problems
    Hey guys,
    Heres my problem...

I bought a refurbished phone (that won't make a difference i think) online and sent it to my uncles in the US. He sent it to me in Canada. I've had it for about a month now and there are 2 main problems. First is that there is a MAJOR echo... its so big for the other person, and soo annoying. Second is that it overheats to point that it hurts to hold. I have an unlocked 1.1.1, what should I do if I want to go to the US and return it. Restore and jailbreak? Do you think they'll return it? What do I do if they ask for my phone number..if I tell them 416 they'll no its not US and therefore not AT&T. Are they going to test it in the store? :S

Thank you for your time,
    Zach

Just retore it to factory settings in iTunes but DO NOT JAILBREAK it. The only way I can think of for you to return or exchange is, if you have other family members or friends in US that have at&t account then ask them to return/exchange it for you. Use the same reasoning you posted on here to see if they can do anything for you. It's worth a shot.

Good luck -- do keep us here updated. I'd like to know as well

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Should I activate it with jailbreakme before I return it? and just take installer off?

Just wondering do I need to bring the box and all the **** that came with it?
    Last edited by Zach23; 11-06-2007 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost