Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone interface crashing

Default iPhone interface crashing
    Ok, I followed all the instructions for getting jailbreak to work and I was succesful at the start. Then I tried adding my own alerts, but instead of using an aiff file I decided to use an mp3. Needless to say but ill say it anyway that didn't work. So then I went to back to adding my own ringtones which worked originally. Only problem this doesnt work anymore. So I restored my iPhone using itunes. Followed all the steps again and it didn't work again. Everytime I execute the command putfile /var/root/Library/Ringtones the program crashes.

Any suggestions ?

Ok I realized that I'm using an outdated method of getting ringtones on the phone. Now I'm trying to use ringtoner 1.1 I'm confused about one thing though do I still need that phonedmg directory or can I get rid of it ? DOes the ringtoner 1.1 go into that directory or somewhere separate?

Wow after syntax errors, crashes, this thing finally works and I didn't fix any of the other problems I just used ringtoner and it started working out of nowhere.
    Last edited by Nishua; 07-30-2007 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Ha, glad to see you got it working. Sounds like at first after you restored you hadn't re-jailbroke it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews